No wonder it's called a grasshopper pie! The lovely light green color is a simply alluring dessert on a summer night. This brilliant recipe is devoured by every soul who's tried it so far. The softness of the pie is totally irresistible. The fresh mint color with its unique flavor is no ordinary dessert. However, making this pie is quite a daunting task. The dessert has to have the right color, right taste, and has to be set at the right temperature.
Grasshopper Ice Cream Recipe
Grasshopper Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 1 jar marshmallow cream
- ¼ cup green crème de menthe
- 2 tablespoons white Crème de Cacao
- 1 container frozen whipped topping
- 3 cups of vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 teaspoons chocolate syrup
- Mix the chocolate wafer crumbs and the butter in a bowl. Stir them with a fork, till they are moist.
- Press this mixture on the springform pan and chill it for a while.
- Mix the marshmallow cream and milk and heat it, in a microwave for a minute. You may have to stir it once.
- Add the Add crème de menthe, crème de cacao, and whipped topping to the heated mixture, till all of it blends as one.
- Now spread this mixture on the pan of crumbs.
- Spread the softened ice cream on the marshmallow mixture and freeze it for 6 hours.
- Drizzle some chocolate syrup, before serving this delicious dessert.
- 4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- Crumbs of 24 chocolate wafers
- 24 large marshmallows
- ½ cup milk
- 4 tablespoons crème de menthe liqueur
- 2 tablespoons crème de cacao liqueur
- 1 cup heavy whipped cream
- Combine the melted butter and the cookies in a medium bowl, and blend them until the crumbs are buttered evenly.
- Press this mixture onto a plate and refrigerate it till you get done with rest of the preparation.
- Pour the milk in a heating pan and slowly add the marshmallows it to, melting them completely.
- Remove the mixture of marshmallows and milk from the heat and add the liqueurs to it. Transfer it into a bowl and allow it cool.
- Once it has cooled down, add the whipped cream to it and blend it well.
- Spread this mixture onto the layer of buttered crumbs.
- Freeze this bowl before serving this pie and sprinkle a few chocolate flakes.
- 12 ounces softened cream cheese
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup creme de menthe liqueur
- 2 teaspoons white creme de cacao
- 2 eggs
- 1 chocolate cookie crumb crust
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup sour cream at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees C or 300 degrees F.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, creme de menthe, and white creme de cacao in a large bowl, till its one.
- In a baking pan, press the chocolate crumbs and pour this mixture over it.
- Bake the mixture for over 40 minutes and then cool it completely.
- Melt the chocolate and smear it over the baked pie.
- Refrigerate it for 5 hours and serve it with chocolate flakes.