Cold juices are good for weight loss. So you are on your way to better health, depending what you put in the juicer or mix up in the blender. Juicing is a recipe for health. It’s also a good idea for your diet.
Store bought juices are usually heat-pasteurized. And they have additives and preservatives. When you are juicing use fresh ingredients. Cold-pressed juice extraction allows you to keep more of the vitamins, minerals, nutrients and enzymes.
Juicers extract the pulp from the fruit or vegetable and leave you with pure liquid content.
The only problem is that you don’t get the fiber that whole fruits and vegetables provide. Juice, without the dietary fiber, is not as filling. It’s better to use whole fruits and vegetables.
If you are juicing and pulp is extracted, you may consume 2 or 3 times the recommended daily intake of fruits and vegetables in 16 oz glass.
You will get more nutrients and vitamins, than if you were trying to eat raw vegetables and fresh fruit whole.
Six Health Benefits from Juicing
- Healing- Juicing often speeds up the healing process. Getting healthy vegetables into the body is vital. There are some people who haven’t eaten anything green for years.
- Pain Relief –The assimilation and absorption of these healthy ingredients on a regular basis have been shown to have anti-inflammatory, pain relief and healing properties.
- Detox- Juicing is designed to detoxify the body. It cleanses your colon and digestive tract. There is also an increase in oxygen to the blood, which is good for your circulation.
- Immune System- There are preventative antioxidants, in most fruits and vegetables. Juicing boosts the immune system. Antioxidants remove many of the free radicals that cause cell damage and disease like cancer. They also slow down aging.
- Energy- Juicing is a great way to hydrate the body with a pure mixture of enzymes, minerals and vitamins. Juicing increases and maintains the alkaline and micro-nutrients in your body. If you are juicing the right fruits and vegetables, you should definitely get a boost in your energy.
- Weight Loss- When you are drinking a cold-pressed juice, as a meal replacement, your body can get all the recommended vitamins and minerals quickly. When you detoxify your cells and boost your metabolism, weight loss works faster.Juicing has definite health advantages. But when trying to lose weight you may need to combine it with a healthy exercise plan.
Half the fun of juicing is creating your own tasty and healthy recipe combinations.
2 Simple Delicious Juice Combinations
Kale (6 to 8 leafs)
Spinach (1 cup)
Green Apples (2 cored apples)
Celery (2 stalks)
Wash all vegetables. Core Apple. Add ingredients to juicer and juice.
Juice will have about 139 calories. This makes a great antioxidant and diuretic for clearing out the toxins from your system.
Minty Fruit Sensation Juice
Sweet Potato (1 peeled)
Blueberries (1 cup)
Red/Purple Grapes (1 cup)
Mint (1 handful)
Cinnamon (2 pinches)
Core the apple and remove the pits from the peaches. Peel the sweet potato before you juice. Put all ingredients in juicer and juice. Add two pinches of cinnamon when it’s done.
Keep in mind that your juices are for immediate consumption. They shouldn’t be left out. And need to be refrigerated. Storage of cold-pressed juice may result in the loss of important nutrients.
Don’t forget to add ice……Cheers!