Olives are fruits of the olive tree that are native to the coastal regions of the eastern Mediterranean Basin. The oil pressed out of these fruits forms a very essential part of their cuisine. Apart from having some extremely healthy components, olive oil is one of the most widely used cooking oil because of its flavor. Olives are also pickled and added in many dishes, like salads, pastas, breads, salamis, and other meat preparations for that slightly pungent and sour taste. Well, you can also make olive juice from these olives and add them to alcoholic drinks such as the delicious martini.
Olive Juice Recipe
- Olive juice is used as a flavoring ingredient in various types of drinks and foods. Several alcoholic drinks, such as the dirty martini, cocktails, and foods like breads and pastas make use of this juice instead of olive oil for a better flavor.
- Thus, instead of purchasing this juice from stores, you could prepare it at home and store it for several days, as it has a very long shelf life.
- Also, it doesn't employ the use of any chemical preservatives. Olives being rich in proteins, lipids, minerals, antioxidants, vitamins, and carbohydrates are immensely beneficial for the body.
- Jar with a tight lid: 1
- Green or black Olives: 2 cups
- Water: 2 cups
- Vinegar: 2 tablespoons
- Salt: 2 tablespoons
- The preparation involves a very simple procedure. You will need at least 2 cups of olives (fresh or dry) so that the juice is fortified with the strong taste of these fruits.
- In the dry jar (in which the olive juice will be stored), add the olives and push them hard into the jar so that some amount of juice oozes out.
- You can then transfer the olives into a container or leave them in the jar and add the water, salt, and vinegar.
- Mix all the ingredients and with the back of a spoon, gently apply some pressure on the olives to extract some more natural juice.
- Then, close the jar with the lid very tightly so that the juice doesn't leak out.
- Next, hold the jar and shake it vigorously so that all the olives mix well with the rest of the ingredients.
- Refrigerate the jar overnight and then use it for your preparations. You can store it for a very long duration, as it has all the necessary natural preservatives.
Dirty Martini Recipe
Now, that you know how to prepare olive juice for dirty martinis, let's find out how to prepare a dirty martini in the first place. Dirty martini is a vodka drink and has a lovely green color with an olive sitting at the end of a tempting triangular glass.
- Stuffed green olives: 4
- Vodka: 6 fluid ounces
- Olive juice: 1 tablespoon
- Dry vermouth: 1 dash
- Add the vodka, dry vermouth, olive juice, and olives in a cocktail shaker and strain it out in the martini glass.
- Place the olive in the glass and serve it chilled with salt on the edges. Your delicious dirty martini is ready to be sipped straight out.
Hope you have a lot of fun reading and trying these recipes. So, go ahead and make some great olive juice and the best martini you ever made!