Are you on the lookout for some eye of round steak recipes? This article should help you in your quest to master that perfect steak recipe.
The eye of round steak, alternatively known as the eye steak, is preferred by people over other types of steak, as it is not only lean meat but also lacks fat. This meat is used in several beef recipes and can be grilled, baked, or slow-cooked. Here, we will concentrate on the dishes which are easy to make at home and are a healthier choice than other types of meat.
In the Slow Cooker
- Eye of Round Beef Steaks, 3 lbs. (boneless)
- Creamed Mushrooms or Cream of Mushroom Soup, 1 can
- Potatoes, 4 (peeled and cut into quarters)
- Onions, 2 (chopped)
- Capsicum, 2 (cut into quarters)
- Carrots, 5 (cut into quarters)
- Dried Onion Soup Powder, 1½ packet
- Water, 1 cup
- Ground Black Pepper and Salt, to taste
- Cut the beef steaks into small serving-size portions.
- In a big bowl, combine the soup powder, black pepper, salt, and water till thoroughly mixed. Pour in the mushroom soup and mix well.
- In the slow cooker, add the vegetables at the bottom, then add the beef pieces on top of it, and cover with the soup mixture.
- Cover the cooker and let it cook for about 8 hours on Low.
- Remove and serve.
You can also make this steak by using fresh herbs and other ingredients of your choice. Just ensure that you add the salt with care, if you are going to include a lot of sauces and soup mixes, as these already contain a lot of salt. If you do not have the time for slow cooking, then you could try out the quick beef recipes instead.
On the Grill
- Eye of Round Beef Steaks, 3 lbs.
- Steak Sauce, 1 tsp.
- Red Wine Vinegar, ½ cup
- Basil Leaves, 1 tbsp. (freshly chopped)
- Tomato Sauce, 1 cup
- Vinegar, 1 tbsp.
- Sugar, 1 tsp.
- Clove Garlic, 2
- Mash the garlic cloves with the help of a pastel as mashing releases the juice and flavor.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the steak, in a big bowl and mix them thoroughly to make a marinade.
- Trim the meat off all the excessive fat.
- Add the meat to the marinade and transfer both into a zip-lock bag.
- Put the bag into the fridge and allow it to be marinated for about 8 hours.
- Prepare your grill by preheating it and spraying cooking oil over it.
- Set out the meat to cook on the pit, covered at about 325° F, for about 2 hours or until desired doneness.
- Ensure that you do not overcook the meat, else it will become dry.
- While the steaks are cooking, you can boil the marinade and use it to baste the meat, every 20 minutes or so. This will add more flavor to the steak.
- When it’s done, slice thinly and serve with bread.
Similarly, you can make other dishes using different marinades. One option is using ground dried spices like black pepper, cumin, etc. along with garlic cloves and lemon juice. You could also make a simple marinade using crushed ginger, garlic, and steak or catsup sauce. These are easy to cook and delicious to eat. You might also want to try the rib-eye roast recipe.
In the Oven
- Eye of Round Beef Steaks, 3 lbs.
- Sea Salt, 2 tsp.
- Pepper, 3 tsp. (freshly grounded)
- Onion Powder, 1 tsp.
- Garlic Powder, 1 tsp.
- Coriander Seeds Powder, 1 tsp.
- Cover the entire beef with the sea salt. Take more sea salt if you need.
- Combine all the powders together and then cover the beef with it.
- Spray the baking tray with cooking or vegetable oil.
- Place the steaks into the oven and let them cook for about 90 minutes.
- Once they are done, do not remove from the oven until they cool down.
- Once they are cooled, slice thinly and serve with bread.
You can make several such recipes using fresh herbs, covering the meat with egg, salt, pepper, paprika, minced garlic, and onion powder. You might want to also try making the beef rump roast for your family on special occasions.