Have you tried your hand at cooking burgers, without much success? Have you often wondered what is the best way to do this? Well, it’s simple. Here are some useful tips and a recipe to satiate those taste-buds.
There are many a temptations when it comes to fast food. Although, fast food is generally a no-no for weight watchers, who can resist the temptation of a yummy hamburger! The mere name itself tickles the taste buds. Hamburgers are ideal to pep up a dull day at work, or even make weekends more delightful with friends and family. Today, there is no dearth in terms of the joints that offer this sinful fast food. However, many prefer to cook these at home. There are few things one needs to take care of while cooking them.
Tips to Cook a Delicious Hamburger
There’s a lot that goes behind the preparation of a perfect burger.
- Avoid handling the meat for too long. This is because, the body heat that is transferred from your hands will cause the meat chunk to melt. Always use a spatula when you are adding any ingredient to a burger, to avoid overheating it.
- Well, you can choose the kind of meat you wish to include. But to have an interesting flavor, add fresh sausage and see the difference.
- Before cooking, let the grill turn really hot. Avoid flipping the burger till the point its juices release naturally. You can boil, broil, or grill a hamburger.
- Everybody loves different fillings with their burgers. You can opt for different types of fillings to experiment and savor a new taste.
- You can also experiment with a variety of spices. Although the combination of garlic and onion is common, try being a little adventurous!
- Ground chuck/round (1½ pounds)
- Fine dry bread crumbs (3 tablespoons)
- Tomato juice (2 tablespoons)
- Sliced tomatoes – optional
- Sliced pickles
- Sliced onion
- Grated onion (2 tablespoons)
- Worcestershire sauce (2 teaspoons)
- Garlic powder – optional (½ teaspoon)
- Salt and pepper
- Condiments as required
First, you need to prepare the grill for high heat. Next, you need to combine all these ingredients together―grated onion, tomato juice, garlic powder, beef with the bread crumbs, and also add the Worcestershire sauce. Your next step is to shape the meat into large patties, maybe around 4 – 5 in number.
Use some salt and pepper for seasoning, and sprinkle on both sides of the burger. Then, place the burgers on the grill. Make sure its oiled lightly. Grill the burgers for around 8 minutes. Flip and grill on both sides. Once done, serve them on toasted buns. Add the sliced vegetables along with the other condiments for taste.