Kids usually imitate their parents. Don't be surprised if someday, your kids become fascinated with cooking and are eager to explore their culinary talents in your kitchen. Take this opportunity to guide them to make some easy dishes. Cooking with kids can be a wonderful experience, loaded with fun and excitement. Preparing various dishes can be a wonderful pastime for kids, as well as a great way to gain knowledge about food basics and nutrition. There are a variety of fun recipes that kids can try out. Given below are some fun recipes which your undoubtedly enthusiastic kids will surely enjoy preparing.
Early Morning Cookies
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup grated carrot
- ¼ cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup dates, chopped
- ½ cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- ½ cup raisins
- 1½ cups oat cereal
- ¾ tsp nutmeg
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, butter and honey, until mixed well.
- Then add the carrot, fruits, oats and nuts.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the flour, oat cereal and baking soda.
- Add the flour and cereal mixture to the fruit mixture. Mix it well to prepare a dough.
- Make small medium-sized balls of dough and flatten them a bit.
- Place them on the baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
Macaroni Chickpea Soup
- 1¾ cup dry macaroni
- 1 cup stewed tomatoes
- 3½ cups chicken broth
- 1 can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup green beans
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp celery flakes or onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Combine the water and chicken broth in a large saucepan and bring this mixture to a boil.
- Once it starts boiling, reduce the heat to low. Then add macaroni, oregano and celery flakes to this mixture.
- Allow it to boil for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- This should be followed by the addition of green beans, stewed tomatoes, garlic powder and chickpeas.
- Simmer it for about 5 minutes, until the beans and macaroni become tender. Delicious, hot soup is ready!
- 1½ pounds ham
- 1 can of tomato soup
- 1 large package egg noodles
- 1 can of cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup
- 1-pound cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook the noodles until they become tender.
- Then, drain the noodles and keep them aside.
- Brown the ham in a skillet.
- Then, remove it from the heat and drain the excess fat.
- Add cream of mushroom or celery soup, 1 can of water and ½ lb cheese to the ham.
- Stir it well until the cheese melts completely.
- Put about half of this mixture in a casserole dish and then add the noodles.
- Mix it gently and add the remainder of the mixture.
- Also add the remaining ½ lb cheese on the top.
- Bake it in the preheated oven at 400 degrees F for about 30 minutes.
So kids, get ready to make some delicious food items with these fun and easy recipes. Cooking can be a thrilling experience and also a great opportunity for you to receive some appreciation from your Mom and Dad. Have fun!