Appetizers are delicious finger foods that are great time fillers at a party. Cold or room temperature appetizers, as the name suggests, are those that are not served in the heated form. Usually many parties have these heated ones, but some may opt for cold ones due to a number of reasons. One of the reasons for serving cold ones is that they are easy to prepare and serve. Given below are some interesting appetizer recipes for you.
Avocado and Jalapeño Appetizer
This is an appetizer that can be prepared in just 30 minutes. The ingredients and procedure of making it are as follows.
- Bolillos, 4
- Radishes, 4
- Large Avocados (ripe), 2
- Fresh Jalapeños chilies (seeded), 2
- Cotija, ¼ cup
- Mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons
- Fresh lime juice, 2 teaspoons
- First finely chop the Jalapeño by removing the veins, and slice the bolillos crosswise.
- Then wash, trim, and cut the radishes into thin slices.
- Take the ripe avocados and mash in a medium-sized bowl.
- Then add chopped Jalapeños, lime juice, and mayonnaise into it.
- Add some salt for taste.
- Now, place about 2 teaspoons of the avocado mixture on each bolillo, and add radish topping of 2 - 3 slices and crumbled cotija.
- Avocado and Jalapeño appetizer is ready to serve and eat.
- Fresh Apricots - 12
- Cream cheese (softened, fat free) - 4 ounces
- Pistachios - ½ cup
- Cut the apricots into halves.
- Take the cream cheese and stir it gently till it becomes smooth.
- Then fill the apricot halves with this cheese and sprinkle with chopped pistachios.
- Your cholesterol free healthy cold appetizer is ready to eat.
- Clove garlic, 1
- Asparagus, ½ pound
- Fresh orange juice, 1 cup
- Soy sauce, 3 tablespoons
- Water, 1 tablespoon
- Grated orange rind, 1 teaspoon
- Cut the lower end of each asparagus stalk that is tough in nature.
- Then wash these stalks and cut them to form pieces of 1 inch each.
- Keep these asparagus pieces and water in a microwave container and keep them in the microwave for 4 - 5 minutes.
- Then drain the water and pour the soy sauce and the orange juice.
- Add garlic to this mixture and stir it.
- Let the mixture marinate for one hour.
- Later, filter out the marinade from the asparagus mixture, and then place the mixture on a serving dish garnished with grated orange rind.
- You can keep this in the refrigerator to serve chilled, or serve at room temperature.
- Ripe firm avocados - 2
- Lime juice or lemon
- Creamy dressing
- Potato chips
- Crush the potato chips in a medium-sized bowl.
- Then peel the avocados and cut them to form small cubes.
- Then sprinkle some lime juice or lemon on the avocado cubes.
- You can use an Italian or French style dressing for this appetizer recipe.
- Coat the avocado cube with the dressing of your choice.
- Then roll these coated avocado cubes into crushed potato chips.
- Now, take some toothpicks and spear the cubes to serve on a plate.
These were some of the easy-to-prepare, room temperature appetizer recipes. These cold appetizers can be prepared within no time. So, next time when you have to face sudden arrival of guests at your home, serve some of these delicious appetizers.