|Unlike other wines, Moscato doesn't benefit from aging in oak barrels. This wine should be consumed immediately after release.|
Muscato wine is derived from Moscato grapes which is a type of Muscat grape, grown especially for this wine. Muscat grapes have a sweet aroma and are grown all over the world; and according to experts these are one of the oldest varieties of grapes used to make wines. As the grapes are grown globally, their name changes from region to region; some call them Yellow Muscat, Muscat Blanc, Moscato Bianco, and Muscat Canelli. Even though it is not a favorite among experts, none can deny the importance that Moscato shares in history. It has been reported that Moscato grape was a major ingredient in many alcoholic beverages found in the tomb of King Midas. So it can be said that someone who likes drinking this wine shares the same taste that royalty had.
Making Moscato Wine
- A very simple process is applied when it comes to the making of this wine. The first step begins with the harvesting of the best quality Moscato grapes.
- After harvesting, the grapes are pressed and filtered. Freshness of the grapes has to be maintained at any cost for the wine to taste good; and premature fermentation can be avoided by placing the grapes in freezing temperature till the need for actual fermentation arises.
- The last step in this procedure is called vinify or fermentation. This requires the filtered grapes to be placed in a sealed barrel or tank for a month, in a surrounding temperature of 14° C to 15° C.
- It is essential that the Moscato be kept warm. For ideal fermentation, it is treated with yeast. The sealed tank helps in the preservation of the fizz and carbon dioxide. The fermentation stops once the product has achieved the required amount of residual sugar level, which is 5.5% of alcohol.
- The last step involved in this procedure is the filtering of the wine to remove unwanted residue and yeast.
Ecco Domani Moscato
This wine comes in bright blue bottle which makes it easy to spot. It is the best choice for people looking for a sweet, bubbly and low-alcoholic wine. Expect a decent aroma of tangerine, ripe peach, candied fruits, honeysuckle and a light dosage of stone fruit. Ecco Domani also goes well with all kinds of food.
Robert Mondavi Moscato
It is one of the best wine brands from the US. It is made in the state of California and is a great accompaniment with cheese. Although the sweetness level is a little less than all the other Moscato wines, it is still considered an ideal option.
Ceretto Santo Stefano Moscato D'Asti
Many wine critics and experts say that this is the best Moscato wine in the market. It is a very light sparkling wine with a soft scent, sweet taste and goes great with desserts.
Martin and Weyrich Moscato Allegro
Another great brand from California, this wine is nice and a refreshing summer drink. It has a taste of citrus fruits and is very light on the stomach.
Michele Chiarlo Nivole Moscato D'Asti
This wine from Italy is a bit bubbly but very sweet. It is economically priced and is a great drink for various parties and occasions.
This Moscato white wine is sweet in nature, has a light peachy fragrance which goes well with fruits and light desserts. It tastes best when served chill, the only disadvantage of this wine is its short shelf life.
Mazzeti Moscato Wine
A world renowned wine from Italy, Mazzeti is considered a classic as it is produced with the best quality Muscat grapes. No other fruits or flavors are added to this wine which makes it more stronger, natural and rare.
More Moscato Wines
|Brand||Grape variety||Type of Wine|
|Boroli Moscato d'Asti Aureum||Muscat Blanc||Sparkling Wine|
|Borgo Reale Moscato d'Asti||Muscat Blanc À Petits Grains||Sparkling Wine|
|Cristina Ascheri Moscato d'Asti||Muscat Blanc A Petits Grains||Sparkling Wine|
|Nivole Moscato d'Asti Michele Chiarlo||Muscat Blanc||Sparkling Wine|
|La Spinetta Moscato d'Asti Vigneto Biancospino||Muscat Blanc||Dessert Wine|
|Vietti Moscato d'Asti Cascinetta Vietti||Muscat Blanc||White Wine|
|Cascinacastlet Moscato d'Asti||Muscat Blanc||White Wine|
|Casa Vinicola Alfredo Prunotto Moscato Dasti||Muscat Blanc||Dessert Wine|
|Candoni Moscato Dasti||Muscat Blanc||Sparkling Wine|
|Beni di Batasiolo Moscato d'Asti Bosc Dla Rei||Muscat Blanc||Sparkling Wine|
|Borgo Reale Moscato d'Ast||Muscat Blanc A Petits Grains||Sparkling White Wine|
|Villa Lanata||Muscat Blanc||Dessert Wine|
|Bartenura Moscato||Muscat Blanc||White Wine|
|Moscato d'Asti DOCG||Moscato||Dessert Wine|
Not only are Moscato wines sweet and tasty, they are also healthy for the body. Medical research shows that wines are filled with flavonoids which are known to purify the heart and increase healthy blood circulation in the body. If you are worried about the calories in Moscato wine, then don't be because 1 glass of Moscato wine contains only 123 calories. As compared to other types of wine, Moscato has less calories and more taste and health benefits, so enjoy this sweet wine and keep reaping its benefits.