Here are some goodies loaded with kirsch liqueur for all the fans of this liqueur. Go ahead and try the fruit fritters recipe too, as it contains your favorite liqueur.
Just writing about kirsch liqueur recipe is making my mouth water! For those of you who are new to kirsch, here’s a little something to help you get familiar with this mouth-watering cherry drink. Kirsch is the short form of the German word ‘kirschwasser’. It is a brandy that is brewed from black morrello cherries, and the brewing process chosen to make this heavenly beverage is double distillation.
The main difference between kirsch and other brandies is that it is not as sweet as others, because it has a comparatively less alcohol content. The best thing about liqueurs is that if you put a tinge of it in any recipe, it can make a world of a difference to it. So, sit back and read on to acquaint yourself with some easy recipes, but let me warn you, this beverage takes a year’s time to mature. However, all good things are worth waiting for!
How to Make Kirsch Liqueur
It is very easy to make this as you only need some basic ingredients, like say about 2 to 3 pounds of icing sugar, 1½ bottle of vodka, and morrello cherries. Traditionally, kirsch was only prepared with morrello cherries, but you can use any variety of cherries to prepare it.
Before you begin with the recipe, you need a clean air-tight container and properly washed cherries without the stems. A useful tip: Puncture the surface of the cherries for the better absorption of vodka.
So, you begin by lining the bottom of the container with the cherries. Then, pour some sugar over the cherries to create a white layer and repeat this process till you use all the cherries.
You can vary the amount of sugar according to how sweet you want your liqueur to taste. After this, pour some vodka over the layers of cherry and sugar.
In fact, you can pour the vodka after every 3 to 4 layers. Seal the container and put it away for a year. Every few months, you can shake the container, and at the end of the year, drain the liqueur and drink.
The uses of kirsch liqueur are versatile, and one can not only use it in a variety of dessert recipes but even in liqueur drink recipes as well. Now, that you know how to make it, why not try some fruit fritters with this mouth-watering liqueur.
Just in case you are confused between liquor and liqueur, know that liquor is a general term for any distilled beverage and liqueur is very much the same thing but sweetened.
Fruit fritters with liqueur is also relatively easy to prepare. You can either have a single fruit or a variety of them, as in any case, the basic recipe remains the same but the fruits change.
Fruit Fitters With Liqueur
- Eggs, 3
- Kirsch liqueur, 1 bottle
- All-purpose flour, 2 cups
- Granulated sugar, 1½ cup
- Any diced fruit of your choice, 1 cup
- Liquefied butter, 1 cup
- Hot milk, 1 cup
- Salt, a pinch
- Cinnamon (grounded), a pinch
- Soak the fruit in the kirsch liqueur, preferably overnight.
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar separately and keep it aside.
- Combine the milk, butter, and egg and mix it with the flour to create a batter.
- Meanwhile, heat some butter in a non-stick pan.
- Dip the fruit in the batter, and fry it until golden brown.
- Once it’s crisp and brown, coat it in the sugar mixture and serve.
- This recipe serves four people.
Liqueur Drink Recipes
Kiss Class Recipe
- Lime (juice), 1½
- Kirsch liqueur, 2 oz.
- Crème de cassis, 1 oz.
- This recipe serves two. Pour about half of each ingredient into a glass with crushed ice, preferably a tall glass.
- This can also be a part of your punch recipe. So, shake well and drink it up. Cheers!
Cherry Cola Recipe
- Kirsch liqueur, 2 oz.
- Cola, 2 oz.
- This recipe shall serve two. You can vary the measurement of the ingredients depending on which flavor you want to taste more.
- Pour the ingredients into a Tom Collins glass, shake well, and serve chilled with ice.
- Tequila, 1 oz.
- Kirsch liqueur, 1 oz.
- This knee-wobbling shooter recipe is meant for two.
- Pour the contents into a shooter glass, and let it sizzle into your knees!
Wow! So, now that you have the recipes, do not wait to try them out! Just imagine the cocktails you can conjure up with just a little bit of kirsch liqueur! You can surely throw a dinner party that will be the talk of the town.