French toast is a great comfort food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner as well. It is rich in carbohydrates as well as proteins. It can be severed in several different ways. You can have it either smothered in syrup, topped with a fruit, or even bacon! Making it one of the most favorite breakfast option among young kids.
The basic recipes involves making it with eggs, bread, and milk. However, some people may be allergic to lactose, or may not have milk at home, and hence, would rather want to make them without it. But can you really make it without milk? Yes, indeed you can! Let us see some recipes for this savory dish in the below sections.
Recipes for French Toast Without Milk
There is no milk in the fridge, but you craving for French toast. Not a problem at all! Many people ask as to which is the best bread for making French toast. The bread which is lightly sweet is what makes for a good bread for this dish.
This easy recipe can also be converted to baked French toast recipe as well.
- Eggs, 3
- Bread slices, 3
- Nutmeg powder, a pinch
- Sugar, 1 tablespoon
- Cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon
- Vanilla extract, ½ teaspoon
- Powdered sugar, for sprinkling
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, nutmeg, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla together.
- Mix the ingredients until they all blend well and the eggs are consistently mixed.
- Heat a skillet on the stove and spray some cooking oil on it.
- Soak both the slices of bread in the mixture, but make sure the slices are covered well with the mixture.
- Place the slices of bread on the skillet.
- When the toast is golden brown in color, flip them over to the other side.
- After they are done, remove from the skillet and sprinkle some powdered sugar over the slices. If you want you can also spread any syrup over the toast. Your yummy breakfast is ready!
This recipe will require preparation in advance and some patience as well because you will have to start the basic preparation the night before if you want to make it for breakfast. It is also called crème brûlée French toast.
- Butter, ½ cup
- Brown sugar, 1 cup
- Corn syrup, 2 tablespoons
- Eggs, 5
- Soy Milk, 1 ½ cups
- Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
- Triple sec, 1 teaspoon
- Bread slices, 6 slices
- Half and half, ½ cup
- In a saucepan, melt butter and then add sugar and corn syrup to it.
- Keep the saucepan on heat, till the sugar melts and is bubbly.
- Butter a baking pan and pour the sugar mixture at the bottom of the pan.
- Remove the crust of the bread and place it on the sugar syrup.
- In another bowl, mix eggs, half and half, vanilla extract, and triple sec together.
- Pour the egg mixture on the bread slices.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, remove the pan from the refrigerator and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake the bread for 35-40 minutes.
- Then flip the slices and let the slices broil over on the other side for about 5-6 minutes until they are golden brown in color.
- Remove from oven and serve with syrup of your choice.
Now that you are equipped with recipes, you can certainly experiment with them and come up with a recipe of your choice. At the same time, do not forget to top the toast with different syrups, cheese, fruits, and jams to add some zing to your breakfast.