The trick to make best margarita on the rocks is to use agave tequila. According to your taste, you can add different liqueur and lime juice to it. Scroll down to know some of the best margarita recipes.
Margarita is a cocktail, which consists of tequila that is mixed with triple sec and lemon juice. There is a peculiar way in which it is served. This is by applying salt on the rim of the glass. It is said to be the most common tequila based cocktail served in the United States. There are different ways of serving this cocktail. It is either served shaken with ice, on the rocks, blended with ice (also called frozen margarita), or without ice (known as straight up). The best way to serve it is with salt or sugar on the rim of the glass.
There are different ratios, which are used to combine the basic ingredients of margarita. They are as follows:
- Ratio 2:1:1, which is 50% tequila, 25% triple sec and 25% lemon juice.
- Ratio 3:2:1, which is 50% tequila, 33% triple sec, and 17% lemon juice.
- Ratio 3:1:1, which is 60% tequila, 20% triple sec, and 20% lemon juice.
- Ratio 6:3:1, which is 60% tequila, 30% triple sec, and 10% lemon juice.
- Ratio 1:1:1, which is 33% tequila, 33% triple sec, and 33% lemon juice.
Now, we will turn towards the recipes and find out, which one is the best margarita recipe on the rocks.
Making Perfect Margarita on the Rocks
Although the traditional margarita recipes are made with tequila, triple sec, and lemon juice, they can also be made with muddled fruits, like cherries, raspberries, strawberries, watermelon, orange, blueberries, etc. Plain sugar or simple syrup is the additional sweetener, which may be added to them.
Recipe # 1
According to us this is the best margarita recipe on the rocks. It is similar to the basic version of the margarita, but what makes it different is the brandy based orange liqueur. Using this recipe, you can also make frozen margarita mix.
- Sweet and sour mix, 2 cups
- Triple sec, 1 cup
- Gold tequila, 1 ½ cups
- Brandy based orange liqueur, ⅓ cup
- Lime (quartered), 2
- The first step is to salt the rim of about 8 glasses, for which you have to pour salt onto a small plate. Then rub the rims of the glasses with lime, and press them into the salt on the plate.
- Then fill the glasses with ice.
- In a blender, mix sweet and sour mix with triple sec, tequila, and orange liqueur.
- Mix till they are evenly mixed.
- Pour the mixture into glasses, and squeeze lime into each glass, before serving it.
Recipe # 2
This is a different kind of margarita, as it is made using banana, and the glasses are rimmed with brown sugar. This recipe is similar to the frozen margarita recipe.
- Ice cubes, 6 cups
- Bananas, 2
- Tequila, 6 oz.
- Frozen lemonade concentrate, 6 oz.
- Triple sec, 4 oz.
- Brown sugar (sifted)
- Take brow sugar in a small plate. Now, wet the rims of 4 margarita glasses, and press them into the sugar.
- In a blender, place the bananas and blend them into a smooth paste.
- Then add the remaining ingredients to the blender other than the ice, and blend well.
- Pour ice cubes into the glasses, and then pour the tequila mixture into the glasses. If required, you can add some more sugar to the margaritas.
Recipe # 3
If you are fond of strawberries, then with this strawberry margarita recipe you will get the best margarita mix. Like strawberries, you can also use other berries to make this cocktail.
- Crushed ice, 8 cups
- Frozen strawberries, 8 oz.
- Tequila 6 oz.
- Frozen limeade concentrate 4 oz.
- Triple sec, 2 oz.
- To make a margarita using this recipe, in a blender, mix strawberries, tequila, limeade concentrate, and triple sec and blend well.
- Rim the glasses with brown sugar, and put ice into the glasses.
- Then pour the margarita mix over the rocks and serve.
You can experiment with the margarita recipes, and you may be able to come up with your best margarita recipe on the rocks. You can experiment with any fruit or liqueur. You can also experiment with the rims as well.