With the festive season around the corner, most of us start looking out for different recipes. How to grill a London broil is one such question, that a lot us have. With this write up, we will try to find an answer to this question.
London broil is a typical dish of North America where broiling or grilling marinated flank steak gets you the final product. The meat is marinated for a few couple of hours, broiled 3 to 4 inches away from direct heat source, and cut into thin strips.
Garlic-ginger Marinated London Broil
- 1 London Broil Steak
- 12 ounces Red Wine
- 3 tablespoons Minced Ginger
- 4 tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Parsley
- 2 pinches Oregano
- 1 Bay Leaf
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ cup Water
- Rub kosher salt to the steak and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the other ingredients together.
- Add the steak to the marinade bowl.
- Let the steak marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove the steak from the refrigerator and let it come down to room temperature. Meanwhile, preheat the oven at 400 degree Fahrenheit.
- Place the steak about 6 inches away from broiler.
- Once the top side is cooked properly, turn it over to cook on the other side.
- After you have flipped the steak, brush the other side with some marinade the steak was in.
- Let it broil till the other side is also brown in color.
- Once it is done, cut the pieces diagonally into thin slices and serve.
In the Oven
- 1 London Broil of 1 to 2 pounds
- ⅓ cup Italian Salad Dressing
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 clove Minced Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Cooking Oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Italian salad dressing, minced garlic, and vinegar.
- Add cooking oil to the marinade mixture and whisk properly.
- Pour the marinade over the meat piece and coat it well on all sides.
- Then cover the mixing bowl using plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for about 2 to 3 hours to marinate.
- Before broiling it, drain excess marinade.
- Place meat about 3 to 4 inches away from heat in a preheated in the oven broiler.
- Cook meat on either sides for 8 to 10 minutes till it is well cooked.
- Carve thin slices of meat and serve with salad of your choice.
On the Grill
- 1 London Broil about 1½” thick
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon Parsley
- ¼ teaspoon Oregano
- Ground Pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- The first step is to mix kosher salt, garlic powder, parsley, oregano, and ground pepper together, and rub it on the meat on all sides.
- Keep it aside and turn the grill on.
- The grill should be well heated before you begin. It will take about 30 to 45 minutes for the grill to heat up, depending on the model you have at home.
- Place the meat on the grill and let it cook properly on one side.
- It will take about 12 to 15 minutes to cook.
- Flip it over to the other sides using BBQ prongs and let it cook on the other side for 10 to 12 minutes as well.
- After the meat is well cooked, remove it from the grill and keep it aside for 5 to 10 minutes, so that the juices are sealed inside.
- Carve thin slices of the meat and serve.