Also referred to as a summer cup, this English fruit cocktail is traditionally served and consumed during the summers. Learn how to make this cocktail from the following article.
A fruit cup also is a traditional English specialty drink. It is a long drink where you can add lemonade or ginger ale to prepare a non-alcoholic beverage, or gin or vodka. Normally, you use a flavored spirit that includes different herbs, fruits, and spices.
Like the name suggests, they were normally available in the warm summer months, but now, you can enjoy them all year around. These days it is not uncommon to see producers of fruit cup adding a fruit to the drink as a garnish. This helps lock the flavors of the drink in. For garnish, include fruits like apple, strawberry, lemon, and orange to enhance your drink. Sometimes mint leaves can also be added as garnish.
Fruit Cup a.k.a. Summer Cup
- 1½ cups cantaloupe, cubed
- 1 cup strawberries, halved
- 1 cup grapes, halved
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Fresh mint, for garnishing
- In a mixing bowl, combine orange juice and lemon juice.
- Add white wine to the mixture and stir well.
- In another bowl, place all the fruits and pour the white wine mixture on it.
- Toss the fruits well so that the fruits are well-coated.
- Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours.
- Garnish with mint leaves before serving.