Passion fruit is an exotic fruit. Making a puree of this fruit is an easy task if you know the right methodology. This article provides an easy recipe for making this puree at home.
The puree made from passion fruits is often readily available in the market. However, it may contain corn syrup, sugar, etc. In such a case, its usage may not be suitable for a few dishes, and there are many recipes which make use of this fruit. So, learn how to make this puree from the following transitions. Recipes making use of this puree have also been mentioned in the end.
How to Make Passion Fruit Puree
» A homemade puree of passion fruit captures all the flavors of the fruit. As a matter of fact, the passion flowers and fruits are among the most enticingly-scented flowers and fruits available in the market.
» The puree can be used to make fruit drinks and to add flavor and color to smoothies, cocktails, desserts, fruit jelly, ice creams, sorbets, etc.
» The advantage of making this puree at home is that it is absolutely pure and does not contain any sort of additives.
» The edible part of the fruit is located in a leathery and butter-tasting shell. It is very difficult to eat the fruit directly with the help of your teeth.
» Firstly, you will find it very difficult to bite into the fruit, and in case you are successful, the chances of dropping the pulp on the clothes are very high as well.
To make the puree, follow the steps given below:
► Place the fruit in a bowl.
► Using a sharp knife, cut it into two.
► The juices from the fruit will gather in the bowl.
► Once you cut open the fruit, using a spoon remove the orange-colored pulp from it.
► The pulp contains tiny juice sacs. Each sac has a black seed at the center. Remove the seeds.
► You now have the fruit juice and pulp.
► Blend these two in a blender to make the puree.
901 Mia Margarita
To make the margarita, you will need:
- 901 Silver Tequila, 3 oz.
- Honey, 1 oz.
- Puree of passion fruit, 1 tbsp.
- Lime juice, ½ tsp.
Mix all the ingredients together to make a wonderful margarita.
Passion Fruit Sauce
If someone is not very fond of passion fruit, then they may choose to use this recipe. You never know, they may start liking the fruit.
- Puree of passion fruit, made from 4 fruits
- Sugar, ½ cup
- Water, ½ cup
- In a pot, combine the water with sugar and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once it comes to a boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- In the mean time, you can make the puree. Let the mixture cool down to room temperature.
- Now, add half the quantity of the sugar-water mixture to the puree and mix in the blender.
- Add the remaining sugar-water mixture according to taste and adjust the sweetness and tartness of the sauce.
- Sieve the mixture and store it in the refrigerator for further use.
You can add this puree to a mixture of fruits to make a fruit salad. You can also add it to cakes if you wish to lend it a tart taste. After making the puree, ensure to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for long-term use.