Lasagna is a popular Italian dish that is easy to make. Given in this article are recipes that will help you make delicious chicken lasagna.
Most lasagna recipes are like sandwiches; you can put anything between the lasagna layers. Given below are some delicious recipes.
Saporito Chicken Lasagna
- Turkey Italian sausage, 1 lb.
- Chicken, ¾ oz. (diced)
- Onion, 1 cup (minced)
- Garlic, 2 cloves (crushed)
- Tomato paste, 2 (6 oz.) cans
- Tomato sauce, 2 (6.5 oz) cans
- Fennel seeds, ½ tsp.
- Italian seasoning, 1 tsp.
- Salt, 1 tsp.
- Black pepper, ¼ tsp. (freshly ground)
- Fresh parsley, 4 tbsp. (chopped)
- Fresh whole wheat lasagna noodles, 8
- Cheddar cheese, 16 oz.
- Egg, 1
- Mozzarella cheese, ¾ lb. (sliced)
- Basil, ⅔ cup (chopped)
- Tomatoes, 1 (28 oz.) can (crushed)
- Water, ½ cup
- White sugar, 1 tbsp.
- Parmesan cheese, ¾ cup (grated)
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage, diced chicken, onion, and garlic over medium heat until they turn brown. Add tomato paste, sauce, water, and crushed tomatoes. Season it with freshly chopped basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, salt, sugar, pepper, and parsley. Boil, covered, for about 90 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add 1 teaspoon salt to it. Cook whole wheat lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain noodles before rinsing in cold water. In a mixing bowl, mix preheated cheddar cheese with egg, the remaining parsley, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- First, spread 1½ cups of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Then, arrange 6 noodle sheets lengthwise over meat sauce. Spread one half of the cheddar cheese mixture. Spread a third of mozzarella cheese slices on the top. Add 1½ cups meat sauce over mozzarella, and spread ¼ cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat the layers, and top with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. You can cover it with foil, but spray the foil with cooking spray to prevent it from sticking. Just make sure that the foil does not touch the cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes. Bake it for an additional 25 minutes, after removing the foil. Cool it for 15 minutes before serving.
Chicken Lasagna Sauce
- Green pepper, ½ cup (chopped)
- Onion, ½ cup (chopped)
- Butter, 3 tbsp.
- Cooked chicken, 3 cups (chopped)
- Pimientos, 1 (4 oz.) jar (chopped)
- Mushroom soup, 1 (8 ounce) can
- Cream of chicken soup, 1 (8 ounce) can
- Chicken broth, 1 cup
- Lasagna noodles, 6 (cooked and drained)
- Mozzarella, 6 oz. (shredded)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Take a large saucepan and heat the butter over medium heat. Add the green bell pepper and onions and cook, stirring occasionally. Cook until they become soft and translucent; it will take about 15 minutes. Add the chicken, mushroom soup, pimientos, and chicken broth. Simmer the mixture for 5 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly and the flavors blend.
- Pour about ⅓ of the chicken mixture into a medium-sized baking dish. Arrange the noodles over the chicken, repeat the chicken and noodle layers twice. Spread lasagna with cheese, and cover it with aluminum foil. Remove the foil after baking for 20 minutes, and bake again until the cheese is nicely browned for about 10 minutes. Remove the lasagna from the oven and allow it to set for 5 minutes before serving.
It can also be served as a gravy with rice.
Chicken and Broccoli Lasagna
- Milk, 2 cups
- Flour, 4 tbsp.
- Lasagna noodles, 4
- Broccoli, 2 cups
- Butter, 4 tbsp.
- Chicken broth, 1 cup
- Onions, 1 cup (chopped)
- Garlic, 2 cloves (minced)
- Chicken, 1½ cup (diced)
- Eggs, 3
- Parmesan cheese, ¾ cup
- Parsley, ¼ cup
- Mozzarella cheese, 2 cups (grated)
- Red pepper, 1 pinch (ground)
- Salt, ½ tsp.
- Nutmeg, 1 pinch
- To make the sauce, melt butter, mix it with flour, and stir. Add milk, whisk it until it is smooth. Stir it in the broth and cook. Keep stirring constantly until it becomes thick.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl, add small amount of sauce; then mix the egg with the sauce. Add the seasonings and cheese while stirring.
- Cook noodles in boiling water, drain, and rinse in cold water.
- Fry chicken in butter with onion and garlic. Stir in broccoli, cook for 5 minutes until tender. Add the seasonings.
- In a 9×13 pan, layer sauce, mozzarella, noodles, and chicken.
- Repeat the layers and finish with cheese.
- First freeze it, then bake at 350°F for 50 minutes, until it bubbles. Allow it to set for 5 minutes and serve.
Chicken Enchilada Lasagna
- Enchilada sauce, 1 (10 oz.) can
- Salsa, ½ cup
- Chicken strips, 1 packet (precooked)
- Tomato, 1 cup (chopped)
- Black olives, 2 tbsp. (sliced)
- Low-fat sour cream, ½ cup
- Green onion, ½ cup (separate into two ¼ cups)
- Taco seasoning mix, 2 tbsp.
- Baked tortilla chips, 2 cups (30)
- Corn tortilla, 8 (6 inch) (cut in half with kitchen shears)
- Low- fat Mexican cheese, 2 cups (shredded)
- Take a 13×9 pan, spray with cooking spray. In a small bowl, mix salsa with enchilada sauce, reserve ¼ cup of the mixture.
- In the same bowl, mix enchilada sauce mixture with sour cream, chicken, ¼ cup of the green onions, and taco seasoning.
- Pour reserved ¼ cup enchilada sauce in the bottom of the dish. Arrange 8 tortilla pieces over the sauce, according to the available space. Spoon half of the chicken mixture over the tortillas; spread ⅔ cup of cheese. Repeat the layers.
- Cover it with a foil. Bake for about 35 minutes at 375°F. Layer Tortilla chips, tomato, olives, ¼ cup green onion, and remaining ⅔ cup cheese and bake again for 5 minutes. Let it set for 10 minutes before serving.
You can serve lasagna hot with garlic bread as an accompaniment.