Not always do we have brownie mixes stacked up in our kitchen, but we can certainly make use of a cake mix to make brownies. Let’s see how to do so.
Many people want to know the method of making brownies using a cake mix. This is because you can make them very similar to the packaged brownie mix, with the help of a cake mix. They are super easy to make, taking only a few minutes, and the resultant brownies are the most delicious tasting ones ever. We are sure that you are curious to know the recipes. Have a look.
Chocolate Cake Mix Brownies
This brownie turns out like the packaged brownie mix ones, with a great brown texture and also it takes only a few minutes to make them.
- Dark chocolate cake mix, 1 package
- Large Eggs, 2
- Chocolate chips, ½ cup
- Butter (at room temperature), ½ cup
- Dark brown sugar, ¼ cup
- Water, ¼ cup
- Chopped walnuts, ¼ cup
- Vanilla, 1 tsp.
- Heat the oven to 375ºF, but place the rack at the second-lowest height.
- Grease baking pan with greasing spray. Ideally use a 13 × 9 inch baking pan so that the brownies rise high.
- In a large bowl, beat together chocolate cake mix, butter, eggs, dark brown sugar, water, and vanilla extract until smooth, and the batter is thick in consistency.
- Now add in walnuts and chocolate chips to the mixture and mix well.
- Spread into the prepared baking dish, but you will have to be patient as the batter will be very thick and may require some extra effort to spread it well.
- Bake for about 25 – 30 minutes at 350ºF. Ensure that you do not over bake.
- Let the cake cool completely before you cut it into small brownies.
Yellow Cake Mix Brownies
We will now see how to make butterscotch brownies using the cake mix. You will have to prepare butterscotch pudding before you make the brownies.
- Yellow cake mix, 1 package
- Eggs, 2
- Butterscotch pudding (prepared as per the instructions on the packet), 1 packet
- Butterscotch chips, 1 cup
- Chocolate chips, 1 cup
- In a bowl, beat cake mix and eggs together until smooth and fluffy.
- Add butterscotch pudding to the cake mixture, and blend well.
- Pour the mixture into a greased baking pan, and bake in a preheated oven at 350ºF for 40 minutes.
- After approximately 20 minutes of baking the cake, sprinkle butterscotch and chocolate chips onto the cake.
- If you add the chips before the scheduled time, the chips will sink to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the cake is baked, remove it from the oven, and let it cool before you cut it into brownies.
White Cake Mix Brownies
Isn’t it boring to have the same flavored brownies all the time? These make for a wonderful flavor change.
- White Cake Mix, 1 package
- Egg, 1
- Butterscotch Chips, 1 cup
- Brown Sugar, ¼ cup
- Milk, ⅓ cup
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF, and also grease a baking pan with greasing spray.
- In a large bowl, mix cake mix and brown sugar together.
- Add egg and milk to the dry mixture, and beat well till the mixture is soft and well blended.
- Add butterscotch chips into the mixture.
- Now, spread the dough evenly in the greased pan. It may take some time to spread the mixture, as the mixture is thick.
- Bake the cake for about 30 minutes in the oven at 325ºF, till the brownies pull always from the edge of the pan slightly; remove from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before you cut it into pieces.
We are sure now that you will make these easy brownies more frequently, as you will not have to spend a lot of time going through the entire lengthy procedure to make brownies.