It's natural to get bored with eating apples every day, but there are a bevy of interesting ways to incorporate this healthy fruit in a salad. You have a ton of ingredients to play around with, from fruits, nuts, and dairy, to dried fruit, chocolate, and flavored syrup. There's much to be experimented with when it comes to preparing a fruit salad from scratch, where the ingredients you pick can make it taste unique, every single time.
Apple Fruit Salad Recipes
Banana, Apple Fruit Salad with Greek Yogurt
- 1 large red apple (diced)
- 1 large green apple (thinly sliced)
- 1 banana (sliced)
- 15 seedless green grapes (sliced in half)
- 3 tbsp. of Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 3 pinches of cinnamon powder
- Sprinkle of rose water
In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients first―apples, banana, grapes, and cinnamon. Use a pair of salad spoons to toss the fruit around so that it is well-coated with the cinnamon. Next, dump the Greek yogurt into the bowl, folding its contents from the bottom-up. Add the orange juice to the bowl, folding it once, before sprinkling rose water over the top.
Very Berry, Marshmallow-y Apple Salad
- Cranberries (100 g)
- 1 large red apple (thinly sliced)
- 8 raspberries
- 3 tbsp. of low-fat cream
- 3 tbsp. of miniature marshmallows
- 1 tbsp. of peanut butter
- ½ cup of pecans (chopped)
Dump all the fruits into a big bowl, followed by the low-fat cream. Fold it from the bottom-up to make sure everything is coated with the cream. Next, add the peanut butter and fold the ingredients once again. Garnish with the marshmallows and pecans.
Caramel-Laced Apple Pudding
- 2 cups of crushed pineapple
- 1 large egg (whole)
- 2 tbsp. of all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
- 2 large green apples (diced)
- ¼ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of pistachios (chopped)
- Dollop of whipped cream
- 2 tbsp. of caramel sauce (melt 1 tbsp. of sugar with 1 tbsp. of unsalted butter, if you don't have packaged caramel)
In a shallow nonstick pot, combine all the ingredients except the apples and pistachios. Stir continuously on a medium-high flame until the mixture takes on a pudding-like consistency. Pour the mixture into a glass deep-dish and garnish with diced apples, caramel sauce, and pistachios, before placing it in the refrigerator for 3 hours. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.