When it comes to a get together, or a party or even just friends hanging out at someone's place, one thing that can never be left out of the equation is some delicious finger foods to keep munching through the evening. Finger foods are the easiest to make and the most fun to eat too. No bother about using spoons, knives and forks. Just pick them up and gobble them while you gossip, watch a movie, or read a book. In this article you'll get a list of different ones for different occasions. Check them out and decide what you'd like to use when.
Finger Foods for Babies
Baby food can be quite challenging at times. Your baby could be a picky eater, and may not really want to eat everything you feed him. At such a time, you can try some items from this list.
- Bread: Slightly toasted and buttered.
- Egg: The yolk scrambled.
- Banana: Cut into small rings, or if small, just peeled.
- Carrots: Cut into sticks (soft ones or steamed ones).
- Meat or Chicken: Mashed, bones removed, and shallow fried.
- Cheese: Chunks or small soft blocks.
- Tofu: Cubed into small pieces.
- Sweet Potato: Small pieces, baked or shallow fried.
- Rice: Steamed and made into small cakes.
- Pear: Sliced into small pieces.
- Apple: Boiled or baked.
- Pasta: Cook different types and shapes well.
- Nuggets: Vegetable or chicken nuggets, cooked well.
- Fish: Make some soft fish fingers and see if your child likes them.
- Peas and Beans: Boiled till soft.
- Fruit or Veggie Salad: A mixture of favorite fruits and veggies with cream.
Finger Foods for Parties
After that list for the little ones, let's move on to a list for kids and adults. At parties, finger foods are generally the favorites. Everyone loves to have a snack as they move around in the party, meeting friends and family. So let's take a peek at a list of some of the most popular ones for parties.
- Bacon: Crisp and dipped in honey.
- Sweet Corn: Boiled, buttered and salted.
- Muffins: Different flavors, miniature size.
- Hotdogs: Delicious meat, and add a spicy chutney for a twist.
- Cookies: Butter, chocolate, chocolate chip, whole grain, etc.
- French Fries: The classic finger food, served with a tamarind paste, mayonnaise or regular tomato ketchup.
- Chicken Wings: Deep-fried, fleshy wings, with a mayonnaise or sour cream dip.
- Crackers: With a delicious dip made from sea food.
- Kebabs: Meat roasted, Arabic style, and served on a toothpick.
- Spring Rolls: Deep-fried corn flour rolls, stuffed with delicious and nutritious veggies like cabbage, beans, and sprouts.
- Cutlets: Cutlets of fish, prawns, veggies, or chicken, served with coriander or mint paste.
- Mini Pizzas: Get small pizza bases, and make your own pizzas, with toppings of your choice.
- Crackers: Apply some mayonnaise on the cracker, and then place a vegetable or a piece of chicken on it. Garnish with a mint leaf.
- Chips and Dip: Another all time favorite. Get different flavors of chips, fill them in colorful bowls, and watch them disappear!
- Fruit Kebabs: For the health conscious, dice different fruit and cottage cheese or tofu and serve it on a toothpick.
Finger Foods for Weddings
Finger foods at weddings are an absolutely must. Isn't that how we all (for lack of a better word) judge the rest of the food? So, to keep guests happy, here are some finger foods that you can serve at a wedding reception.
- Chicken Rolls: Bread rolls, stuffed with a spicy chicken curry.
- Dim Sums: Mini dim sums, served steaming hot.
- Fish Cakes: Fish, flattened, and deep-fried.
- Seafood Platter: Assortment of sea food like prawns, shrimp, oysters, etc.
- Flounder Fry: Fry flounder that has been stuffed with crab meat.
- Veggie Delight: Cutlets of corn and potato.
- Chicken Wedges: Deep-fried, thick chicken pieces.
- Sausages: Yummy, well cooked sausages, served with sour cream or any other dip.
- Cheese Balls: Warm cheese, encased in a cornflour cutlet.
- Sweet Almonds: Sugar coated almonds, served alone.
- Mini Sandwiches: Make a filling of your choice and stuff it in slices of bread cut into bite size pieces.
- Corn: Baked, roasted or boiled.
- Chicken Legs: Roasted and smeared with spicy seasoning.
- Cheese Sticks: Mozzarella sticks, served warm.
- Steamed Veggies: For those on the lookout for a healthy option, an assortment of boiled vegetables.
Now that you're armed with that list of finger foods, you'll be able to whip them up even on short notice. So have fun making them and watch as everyone enjoys them!