In winters, we need a drink that can warm us up and awaken our senses. Ginger is a rhizome which is famous as a delicacy, spice, and medicine. Young and fleshy ginger has a mild taste. It is not uncommon to see ginger being steeped in boiling water to make tea. There are different kinds of drinks that can be made with ginger. Let's take a look.
Ginger Drink Recipes
To make the tea, you will require 2 to 3 small slices of ginger, 2 cups of water, and 1 tea bag. In a pot, add ginger slices with water and bring it to boil. Remove the pot off the heat and steep the tea bag for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the ginger slices and tea bag, and enjoy.
Ginger Soft Drink
- 1 cup ginger root
- 2 tsp cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- ½ cup lime juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 6 cups water
- Boil 6 cups of water and add grated ginger, cloves, cinnamon, and sugar in.
- Cover the pot and let the ingredients mix together for a minimum period of hour.
- Next, strain the mixture and add lime and orange juice to it.
- Transfer the drink in a glass jug and place it in the refrigerator.
- Serve chilled with ice cubes or soda.
Ginger Drink with Brown Sugar
- 1 handful ginger
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 lemons, sliced
- Sprigs of mint
- 2 liters boiling water
- Peel and grate ginger, and in a pot, mix it with brown sugar.
- Pour boiling water over ginger and brown sugar.
- Once the sugar dissolves, strain the drink and refrigerate it for a few hours.
- Place ice in a glass, pour the drink on ice, and garnish with mint leaves before serving.