"Good nutrition and vitamins do not directly cure disease, the body does. You provide the raw materials and the inborn wisdom of your body makes the repairs."
― Andrew W. Saul
Ahh... smoothies. Just by mentioning it, we can't help but want one. It's a perfect summer drink made with fresh fruits, yogurt (for that rich creaminess without extra calories), and lots of goodness. But what if it's cold outside and your kids are in the mood for one?
You can't turn them down when they are willingly asking you to serve them fruits. Regardless of the temperature outside, you can make delicious and fresh smoothies in a jiffy.
- Gather the ingredients―1 peeled and sliced orange, ½ cup sliced pineapple, ½ a banana, and ½ cup ice.
- In a blender, combine banana and ice together to blend properly.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and blend until you get a smooth mixture.
- Pour the smoothie in different glasses, and enjoy.
- Gather the ingredient―1 peeled and pitted avocado, ½ cup chopped raspberries, ¾ cup orange juice, and ¾ cup raspberry juice.
- In a blender, purée the avocado first till it's smooth.
- Then, add orange juice, raspberry juice, and raspberries.
- Blend on high speed till you get a smooth mixture.
- Pour the smoothie into different glasses, place fresh raspberries on top, and serve.
- Gather the ingredients―2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 banana, 1 tablespoon honey, ½ cup silken tofu, and ½ cup soy milk.
- First, cut the bananas into small pieces and keep in freezer for an hour.
- After the banana is completely frozen, blend the tofu, cocoa powder, honey, and soy milk together.
- Bring out the banana pieces and blend it as well with the rest of the mixture.
- Once the smoothie is ready, pour it into different glasses, and sip away.
Mixed Fruit Smoothie
- Gather the ingredients―1 cup milk, 1 cup strawberries, ¾ cup yogurt, 1 peach, 1 banana, and 1 mango.
- First of all, chop the fruits into small pieces.
- In a blender, mix all the fruits in and beat properly.
- Add milk and yogurt next, and blend till you get a smooth mixture.
- When the smoothie is ready, pour it into different glasses and sip away.
- Gather the ingredients―1 diced banana, ½ cup blackberries, ½ cup red raspberries, ½ cup ice, and ½ cup yogurt.
- In a blender, mix yogurt, ice, banana, and blackberries together.
- Blend on high speed till smooth in consistency.
- In the glasses, put red raspberries in the bottom and fill them with the smoothie.
- Gather the ingredients―6 strawberries, 1 banana, ½ cup yogurt, ½ cup strawberry ice cream, and ½ cup milk.
- For this strawberry banana smoothie, add the fruits in the blender.
- When you get a smooth consistency, mix in ice cream, yogurt, and milk.
- Blend properly one more time on high speed.
- Pour the smoothie in different glasses and sip away.