Garlic cream sauce is a favorite with a number of dishes. Since it is easy to make, it has become a favorite with people all around the world.
Different types of sauces are used for different dishes. However, garlic cream sauce can be used with a variety of dishes like salads, meat, fish, prawns, mushrooms, chips, etc. It can also be used with pasta or with baked vegetables. You are now curious to know, how to make this versatile sauce.
Garlic Cream Sauce Recipes
This sauce recipes uses fresh parsley. However, if fresh parsley is not available, you can also make use of dried parsley as well.
- Garlic (chopped) 2 tablespoons
- Garlic powder 1 teaspoon
- Heavy cream 2 cups
- Fresh parsley (chopped) 1 tablespoon
- Cornstarch 2 tablespoons
- Water ½ cup
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- Pour ¼ cup water in to a saucepan and bring the water to a boil.
- Add chopped garlic and garlic powder to the boiling water and continue to boil the water, till the water has almost evaporated.
- Now add heavy cream, fresh chopped parsley, salt and pepper to the garlic mixture.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and ¼ cup water together and all the mixture to the saucepan.
- Continue to cook the sauce, till the sauce has thickened to the desired consistency.
… with Milk
If you are diet conscious, you do not have to use cream. Instead of the cream, you can also make use of milk.
- Milk 1 cup
- Margarine (soft) ¼ cup
- Whipped cream cheese ¼ cup
- Olive oil 1 tablespoon
- Wheat flour 2 tablespoons
- Parmesan cheese 2 tablespoons
- Garlic powder 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- In a saucepan, melt margarine and add olive oil to it.
- When the olive oil and margarine are heated enough, add olive oil and milk to it.
- When milk begins to bubble, add wheat flour to the milk 1 teaspoon at a time and stir till all the wheat flour is well incorporated in the milk.
- Then add cream, whipped cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt and garlic powder to the milk and stir well.
- Let the sauce simmer over low heat.
- When the sauce thickens to the desired consistency, turn off the heat and the sauce is ready for use.
… for Pasta
This is a great sauce recipe, not only for pasta, but can also be combined with sea food.
- Garlic clove 1 large
- Chicken stock 1 cup
- White wine 2 tablespoons
- Butter 1 ½ stick
- Flour 1 tablespoon
- Cream ½ cup
- Dry mustard ½ teaspoon
- Parsley (chopped) 1 tablespoon
- In a saucepan, melt butter and add crushed garlic, once the butter heats up.
- When the garlic starts to turn brown, add flour to the sauce pan and mix well, till the flour, garlic and butter are mixed well together and remove from heat.
- Gradually add chicken stock, cream and wine to the flour and mix well till all the ingredients are well combined.
- Return the pan to heat and stir, till the sauce thickens to the desired consistency.
- At last add mustard and salt to the sauce. You can also add pepper, if you desire.
- Bring the sauce to a boil and your sauce is ready to be savored.
There are some recipes, which combine mushrooms with the recipe. Often milk or cream may not be added to such recipes. Instead water, which the mushrooms exude, when they are cooked, is used to make the cream sauce. When using the sauce, it is recommended, you use wheat flour, instead of the all-purpose flour.
If you are fond of tomatoes, they can also be added to the sauce, however, the color of the sauce will not remain white. In case you do not have garlic cloves at home, garlic powder can also be used to make the sauce.