It has happened to the best of us, that we have tried making bread, but the dough does not rise as much it should rise. This is indeed frustrating. However, if one has the bread using yeast in an oven with the right measurement of the ingredients to be used, then there are no chances that you will go wrong, while baking a bread at home. As a matter of fact, you will see that the bread will turn out perfectly well, as one buys at the bakery. The best part about baking a bread at home is that you are sure that all healthy ingredients have gone into making of the bread. If you have a party at home, then you can also impress the guests with your bread baking skills.
Making White Bread using Yeast in an Oven
Making white bread in the oven using yeast is not as difficult as it seems to be. Most of the beginners will also find it easy to make the bread using this recipe. The best part about this bread is that you can either have it fresh straight out of the oven or have it later.
- 6 cups of unbleached bread flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 ½ cup warm water
- In a saucepan mix milk and butter together. Heat the milk mixture, till the butter melts. Then remove the milk from heat and keep it aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, take about half a cup of warm water. Gradually add yeast to the water and continue to stir. If you do not continue to stir, then the yeast will clump. Keep the yeast mixture aside.
- Now in another bowl, combine sugar, salt and the remaining water and mix well. Add warm milk mixture to the sugar and salt mixture and stir well, so that all the ingredients are well mixed. Gradually add yeast water to the warm milk, sugar and salt mixture now. When you add the mixture make sure it is warm to touch.
- Now is the time to add bread flour to the mixture. When you are adding the flour you will see that the dough will begin to stiffen up. Once all the flour has been mixed, knead the dough. Continue to knead the dough, till it is smooth to touch yet not sticky.
- Take a greased bowl and place the dough in it.
- Carefully turn the dough over, so that the greased dough is visible.
- Take a kitchen towel and cover the dough and keep it aside at room temperature for about 1 to 2 hours, till the dough doubles up.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knead so that all the bubbles are removed.
- Make appropriate sized dough balls and give it a shape of your choice. Place the dough balls in greased loaf pans and cover them with a kitchen towel and keep it aside till it doubles up in size.
- Now place the loaf pans in an oven preheated at 375 degrees Fahrenheit and it bake for about 45 minutes, till the bread is golden brown in color.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool down a little, before you cut it.
Making Wheat Bread using Yeast in an Oven
With more and more people becoming health conscious it is not surprising to see that people want to bake whole wheat breads. There are a number of whole wheat bread recipes for oven that use yeast. Here is one simple and easy recipe, which apparently is also my favorite bread recipe.
- 5 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 ¼ cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 packages yeast
- 1 ½ cups white flour
- ½ cup wheat germ
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup wheat flakes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 teaspoons salt
- In a saucepan combine milk and honey with shortening and heat the mixture, till the milk is boiling. Keep the mixture aside and let it cool down to 110 degree Fahrenheit.
- Take warm water in another bowl, add sugar and yeast to it and stir well ensuring there are no clumps formed in it and keep it aside for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Combine the milk and yeast mixture and mix well. Now about 2 cups of whole wheat flour can be added to the mixture.
- Now add the remaining wheat flour along with white flour, wheat germ, sesame seeds and wheat flakes and continue to knead till it is firm, but not stiff. Continue to knead the dough for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- After kneading the dough, place it in a greased pot and cover it with a damp cloth and keep it aside for about 2 hours, till the dough rises.
- Once the dough rises, knead the dough to remove all the bubbles from the dough and keep it aside for another 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into two arts and place the dough in two loaf pans and keep it aside for the dough to rise for about an hour.
- Then bake the bread for about 50 to 55 minutes in a preheated oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Once the bread is a brown, understand that the bread is ready. Let the bread cool down before you slice it.
These recipes to make bread in an oven can also be used to make bread in the bread machine. However, some changes will have to be made to the recipe for bread machine. You will first have to check the instructions on the bread machine for the same. There will be some changes that will have to be made depending on the ingredients, that you decide to use to make the bread as well.