Is your child allergic to non vegetarian food? Are you turning towards vegetarianism? Then you should read through this article and learn about some easy and delicious vegan dishes. Most of these dishes are not elaborate and can be made quickly. These dishes are not only good to taste, but they are also nutritious for your children.
Macaroni and Cheese
This is a wonderful dish, which your children will definitely enjoy, if they are fond of macaroni. When eaten with cheese, they will truly relish the taste of this dish.
- Elbow pasta, 1 lb.
- Skim milk, 1 ½ cups
- Garlic Cloves, 3
- Ground Nutmeg, ¼ tsp.
- Chili Powder, ¼ tsp.
- Parsley Leaves, 1 cup
- Cheddar Cheese, (cut into ½ inch cubes) 5 oz.
- Lime Juice, 1 tsp.
- Chopped Chives, ½ cup
- Avocado, (diced) 2 cups
- Cook Italian pasta in a large sauce pot, as per the directions on the package.
- In another sauce pan combine milk, garlic, nutmeg and chili powder. Bring it to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes.
- In a mixer place, 1 ½ cups of avocados, cheese, lime juice, milk mixture, and garlic cloves. Whirl until smooth.
- Drain the pasta once it is cooked, and return it back to the sauce pot.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the pasta and toss to combine well.
- Now add chives and the remaining ½ cup of diced avocado. Toss gently and serve hot.
To make this pizza sandwich, the bread is toasted to give the texture of a pizza. You can change the stuffing that goes into the sandwiches to make it more nutritious and healthy. I often add a number of vegetables to the sandwich and also make it a point to stir fry them a little, so that no one is able to understand, that some "non-favorite" vegetables have also been added to the sandwich.
- Bread Slices, 4
- Pizza Sauce, 4 tbsp.
- Grated Cheese, 4 tbsp.
- Vegetarian 'pepperoni', 4 slices
- Grilled Vegetables, 2 tbsp.
- Spread the pizza sauce on the bread slices.
- Top it up with grilled vegetables, pepperoni and cheese.
- Close the sandwich with another slice of bread.
- Place it in the oven or sandwich toaster until the bread slices are brown in color. Serve it with tomato sauce.
If you find it difficult to feed spinach to your children, then this recipe is a must try. This is a creamy and cheesy, crock pot casserole recipe, which will become a hit with your family members. You can also add vegetables of your choice to this recipe.
- Frozen Spinach, (thawed and drained) 2 boxes
- Cottage Cheese, 2 ½ cups
- Margarine, ⅓ cup
- Eggs, (beaten) 3
- Flour, ¼ cup
- Salt, ½ tsp.
- Pepper, ¼ tsp.
- Grease the crock pot and keep it aside.
- Roughly cut the spinach and grate cottage cheese.
- Now beat margarine and flour together.
- Place all the ingredients in the crock pot and cook on low heat for 5 to 6 hours. Serve it hot.
Sweet Mexican Tortilla Chips
Like whole wheat flour tortilla, this is also a great late afternoon snack. It can be served with fresh fruit salsa.
- Flour Tortillas, 4
- Margarine, (melted) 2 tbsp.
- Cinnamon, 1 tbsp.
- Sugar, 1 tbsp.
- Slice the flour tortillas into 6 slices, like we slice pizza.
- Mix margarine, cinnamon and sugar together.
- Drizzle the margarine mixture over the tortillas.
- Place the tortillas in the oven and bake it at 350°F for about 10 to 12 minutes, until they are crispy. Tastes best when served with salsa sauce.
All of these dishes will be relished by your family members. All the recipes are easy to make and even your children will enjoy them to the fullest.