As far as the flavors go, the top sirloin is not as tender and lean as the tenderloin. However, it is important to cook the sirloin properly, after which it can taste as good as the tenderloin. Now that we know which cut of the beef is top sirloin, let's turn our attention to some recipes.
- Top sirloin beef cut, 3 pounds
- Light mayonnaise, ¼ cup
- Garlic cloves (slivered), 4
- Horseradish, 2 tablespoons
- Dried sage, ½ teaspoon
- Salt, ½ teaspoon
- Pepper, ½ teaspoon
- Onions (thickly sliced), 4
- Beef stock, 1 cup
- Worcestershire sauce, ½ teaspoon
- Cornstarch, 1 tablespoon
- Using a sharp knife, make about 40 slits on the beef cut.
- Stuff garlic silver in each of the cuts.
- Whisk mayonnaise, horseradish, sage, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Brush the roast with the mayonnaise mixture all over.
- In a roasting pan, place the onion slices.
- Over the onion slices, place the roast. Insert a meat thermometer in the thickest part of the roast.
- Roast the top sirloin at 325°F for about 2 hours. To know if the sirloin is well roasted, you will have to refer to the readings on the meat thermometer. The readings should be 160°F.
- To make the gravy to go with the roast, skim the fat which has accumulated from the pan juices.
- Pour in beef stock and Worcestershire sauce, and bring it to a boil.
- Whisk cornstarch in a tablespoon of water and whisk it into the pan. Cook till the gravy thickens and is glossy.
- Top sirloin, 1 pound
- Garlic cloves (slivered), 6
- Salt, 1 teaspoon
- Freshly ground black pepper, 1 teaspoon
- Paprika, 1 teaspoon
- Potatoes (peeled and quartered), 6
- Carrots (2-inch pieces), 4
- Sweet onions (peeled and chopped), 2
- Beef broth, ½ cup
- Beef bouillon, 3 cubes
- Bay leaf, 1
- Green bell peppers (2-inch pieces), 2
- With a sharp knife, make slits in the roast and then rub salt, pepper, and paprika into the meat.
- Press garlic slivers into the slits made on the roast.
- Place the potatoes, carrots, and onion in a large slow cooker and then place the top sirloin meat on the vegetables.
- Pour ½ cup water and the beef broth, and then add bay leaf and bouillon cubes to it.
- Place the lid on the cooker and let is cook on high for about 6 hours.
- When the meat is almost cooked, add green peppers to it.
- Top sirloin beef cut, 3 to 4 pounds
- Unsalted butter, 1 stick
- Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper, 1 teaspoon
- Salt, 1 teaspoon
- Garlic powder, 1 teaspoon
- Place aluminum foil over the iron skillet.
- On the roast, rub butter, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder.
- Place the top sirloin in the oven and let it cook at 350°F.
- Occasionally baste the meat with juice and let it cook till it is tender.
- Once the meat is cooked, remove it from the oven and set it aside for 5-10 minutes. Make thin slices and serve.
It is important to let the top sirloin roast cook well so that all the flavors are well-developed. It is also recommended to baste the meat with juices occasionally when you are cooking it.