If you enjoy eating tofu, then these recipes can be incorporated in your daily meals.
- Pressed Tofu, ½ package of 0.67 lb.
- Mixed Vegetables, 3 cups (carrots, celery, onions or mushroom) (cubed)
- Peanuts or Cashew Nuts, ¼ cup (roasted and unsalted)
- Vegetable Oil, 2 tbsp.
- Soy Sauce, 1 tbsp.
- Sesame Oil, 1 tbsp.
- Hot and Spicy Chili Sauce, 1 tbsp.
- Cornstarch, 1 tbsp.
- Water, 2 tbsp. (to dissolve cornstarch)
- Cut cubes of the tofu and assorted vegetables of your choice.
- Take a wok or skillet and heat some oil in it.
- Stir-fry the vegetables for a couple of minutes till they are semi-cooked. Add the tofu and stir again.
- Mix the sauce ingredient in a bowl and blend well.
- Stir into the wok and let it thicken.
- Toss the peanuts as garnish and serve it hot.
- Firm Tofu, 1½ lbs.
- Red Wine Vinegar, 3 tbsp.
- Basil, ¼ tsp.
- Eggs, 3
- Mozzarella Cheese, ⅓ cup (grated)
- Cornstarch, 1½ tbsp.
- Olive Oil, 1 tbsp.
- Drain and cut the tofu in 6 pieces.
- Take a small bowl and mix red wine vinegar with basil, and stir in the pieces making sure that they are well coated. Let this mixture marinate for 10 minutes.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl, add basil and oregano, and then blend in the mozzarella cheese.
- In a pan heat olive oil and cook each piece of marinated tofu, in the cornstarch mixture. Then take these pieces and coat them with the egg and cheese mixture. Fry till they become brown.
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce or any dip of your choice.
- Firm Tofu, 12 oz.
- Mayonnaise, ⅓ cup
- Miracle Whip, 1 tbsp.
- Mustard, 1 tbsp.
- Salt, ¼ tsp.
- Pepper, ⅛ tsp.
- Thyme Leaves, ½ tsp. (dried)
- Celery, ½ cup (chopped)
- Green Onions, ¼ cup
- Parmesan Cheese, ⅓ cup (grated)
- Drain the tofu and dry it well with the help of absorbent paper towels.
- Take a mixing bowl and add all the ingredients. Mix them well.
- Add the tofu and mix till it crumbles.
- Store it in the fridge and you can use this mixture to prepare 5 sandwiches.
- Silken Tofu, 6 oz.
- Banana, 1 (medium-sized)
- Soymilk, ⅔ cup
- Blueberries,1 cup
- Honey, 1 tbsp.
- Ice Cubes, 3 cubes
- Take the silken tofu and drain it well, so that the excess water is removed. This variety has a very high water content.
- Clean and slice the banana. Place it on a dish and freeze it for half an hour, as this will help to thicken the smoothie.
- Take a blender and add banana, tofu, and soymilk. Blend well for a minute. Now add ½ cup of frozen blueberries and blend again, till it becomes smooth. Put in the remaining blueberries, honey, and ice cubes. Blend once more for about 1 minute.
- If you want to increase the protein content, you can add 2 tsp. of wheat germ.
- You can also use low-fat yogurt as a substitute.