'Sugar, spice, and everything nice' is exactly what describes a taco salad. This delicious Mexican dish, is a favorite among many, and though called a salad, it can be quite rich in calories because of the well-cooked ground meat, sour cream, cheese, and a rich salad dressing. In any case, its ability to tingle the taste buds just cannot be ignored, as this delectable salad is one tasty dish. What completes a taco salad is a delicious dressing.
If you are looking for authentic flavors to add to your taco salad, then these dressing recipes are for you. They do not consume much time, and in fact, involve a simple procedure of just mixing together a variety of ingredients to create the perfect dressing.
Taco Salad Dressing with Mayo
Ranch-style salad dressing: It is perfect for a taco salad with chicken or fish.
- ¾ cup Mayonnaise
- ½ cup Buttermilk
- ¾ cup Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 2¼ tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 crushed clove of Garlic
- 1½ tsp minced Shallot
- ½ tsp Celery Seed
- 1½ tsp chopped fresh Chives
- 1½ tsp Dijon Mustard
- Combine all the ingredients, and stir well to blend all the flavors.
- To enhance the flavor you may refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Creamy garlic dressing: It is a great option for a taco dressing that can be made easily at home.
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 cups Sour Cream
- ¾ tsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Steak Sauce
- ¾ tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp freshly ground Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir gently.
- Serve chilled.
Homemade dressing using sour cream: This is a very easy to make dressing to enjoy with your taco salad.
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- ½ cup Salsa
- ¼ cup Ketchup
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, and serve chilled.
- Go easy on this dressing as it is a little heavy.
Healthy Taco Salad Dressing
Some of you may not be comfortable gulping down heavy dressings like those with mayonnaise and sour cream. Fortunately, you do have an option of having a healthy dressing without the fattening ingredients, and delicious at the same time.
Chunky tomato dressing: It is a healthy and delicious option for a taco salad. It is also one of the easiest dressing recipes to make.
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp fresh Lime Juice
- 4 medium Tomatoes, diced
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and gently stir.
- Serve chilled.
- This salad dressing can be stored for up to 2 days in the refrigerator, if packed in an airtight container.
Spicy vinegar dressing
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 1 whole Lemon Juice
- ½ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp freshly diced Chili Peppers
- 1 tsp freshly chopped Cilantro
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Just before serving the taco, mix all the ingredients and serve.
- The dressing tends to settle when kept for sometime, therefore ensure you mix well before each serving.
With these mouth-watering dressing recipes, you cannot resist the tempting taco salad.