When was the last time you enjoyed a romantic supper with your partner or spouse? How many times have you felt that you don't find enough time to make delightful recipes just for the both of you? But seriously, with the long working hours and many other household chores on mind, preparing the best recipes for supper seems such a daunting idea, isn't it? Well, there are a few easy things that you can do, which won't leave you worried about easy and quick supper as well as dinner ideas.
For instance, you can use prepackaged ingredients or make recipes for which you can prepare for during spare time, say weekend. Apart from that, here are a few easy supper ideas for two people. The best thing about the recipes which are given below is that they are petty easy to make and hence, you can enjoy a romantic supper for two without spending too much time in the kitchen.
Easy to Make Supper Recipes for Two
There are few things that you need to remember while incorporating easy supper ideas for two individuals. For instance, you need to avoid recipes that require a lot of ingredients. You should also avoid using turkey and other such larger food items, since they are not really needed for such small scale supper ideas. Instead of turkey, you can always use chicken, but the best thing to use for supper recipes is fish like salmon, orange roughy and tilapia. These fish are available in fillets and even if they are not, they are adequate to serve for two people.
You can also purchase single chicken breast, single or double steak, etc to make non-vegetarian recipes. You can use pre cut vegetables for making easy salads, which you can make with ready to use seasoning and salad dressing. Pasta is one more thing which is easy to prepare and it also takes a very little time. Hence, ideally, you can include pasta while thinking of supper recipes for the two of you. Well, apart from the ideas that I mentioned above, here are a few really tasty and easy to make recipes for your supper.
Vegetable Ziti with Cheddar Cheese
If you don't have ziti (small tubular pasta) available with you, then you can also use any other type of pasta for it.
- Uncooked ziti, 2/3 cup
- Spaghetti sauce with meat, 1 cup
- Finely chopped onion, ¼ cup
- Minced garlic, ¼ teaspoon
- Chopped green pepper, ⅓ cup
- Finely chopped celery, ¼ cup
- Chopped pimiento-stuffed olives, 2 tablespoons
- Olive oil, 1 tablespoon
- Butter, 1 tablespoon
- Freshly minced parsley, 2 tablespoons
- Shredded cheddar cheese, ¼ cup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the ziti al dente or as per the directions mentioned on the packet
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a skillet and sauté all the vegetables and garlic (apart from olives and parsley) in butter and oil
- When the vegetables turn tender, add olives, spaghetti sauce and parsley to it. Bring the mixture to boil
- Cover the skillet and simmer the vegetables for about 10 minutes. Add drained pasta to it and stir well
- Remove pasta from the skillet to the serving plates and garnish with generous amount of shredded cheddar cheese
Stir Fry Chicken with Broccoli
This is a really easy to make dish, especially when you have all the required ingredients readily available with you.
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 2
- Broccoli, 4 cups
- Chicken broth, ¾ cup
- Medium onion, 1
- Cornstarch, 4 teaspoons
- Red bell pepper, 1
- Minced garlic, 3 cloves
- Soy sauce, 2 tablespoons
- Olive oil, 3 tablespoons
- Sugar, ¼ teaspoon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut 1 inch strips of chicken breasts. Chop the onion, broccoli and make strips of bell pepper
- Take a small bowl and add sugar, minced garlic, salt and soy sauce to it. Marinade the chicken pieces with this mixture
- Take another small bowl and add chicken broth and cornstarch to it. Whisk it well so that it is well combined
- Now, heat a small skillet and fry broccoli and pepper in olive oil. Stir for a few minutes and add onions. Cook for a few more minutes
- Once the vegetables turn tender, add chicken mixture and cornstarch mixture to it. Stir fry the recipe for around 10 minutes and serve with noodles or rice
Chowder with Winter Vegetables
Ideal to prepare during winter season, you can prepare this recipe anytime if you can find the vegetables.
- Medium leeks, 1 ½
- Chopped celery stalk, 1 medium
- Peeled and chopped parsnips, ¾
- Chopped red potato, ½ medium
- Chopped butternut squash, ¼
- Vegetable broth, ½ can
- Olive oil, ½ tablespoon
- Water, 1 cup
- Freshly chopped thyme leaves, ⅛ teaspoons
- Thyme sprigs
- Fresh black pepper and salt, to taste
- Light or half and half cream, ¼ cup
- Wash and cut the leeks first in lengthwise and then cross-wise to make ½ inch pieces. Make sure your leeks are completely clean (without sand) before you move ahead with the recipe
- Heat up olive oil in a saucepan and add chopped leeks, parsnips and celery to it. Cook until all the vegetables turn tender
- Then add chopped butternut squash, red potatoes, thyme leaves, vegetable broth, water, coarsely ground black pepper and salt (to taste)
- Cover the pan and allow the mixture to boil on high flame. Reduce the heat after a few minutes and simmer the mixture for 10 more minutes
- As all the vegetables start to turn tender, add half and half or light cream to the pan and stir it well
- Once cooked, transfer the soup in tureen or a deep serving dish and garnish it with thyme sprigs before serving
Apart from the recipes that I have explained in this write-up, you can also try preparing recipes like tacos, lasagna and pot pies, as easy supper ideas.