Steamed clams is a delicacy that is prepared almost all over the world, in different ways using different techniques and ingredients! One of the most common ways of preparing it in the US is with shellfish. In China, it is prepared and served along with eggs. One can also add other seafood such as crabs and lobsters. Here are recipes for some mouth-watering steamed clams!
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups clam juice or water
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 6 dozen fresh clams (littlenecks or middlenecks, your choice)
- Chopped parsley leaves
- 3 tbsp. grapeseed oil
- ½ cup melted butter (1 stick)
- Wash the clams and remove all the blemishes. After washing, the clams shouldn't have any odor.
- Now take a saucepan and heat oil in it over medium heat.
- Add garlic and wine, cook for about 2-3 minutes until all the flavors get combined.
- Now add clams and clam juice, cover the pan and cook for about 10 minutes, until the clams open up.
- Wait and see if all the clams open. Throw away the ones that do not open.
- Remove the clams in a serving bowl and keep aside.
- In the saucepan, season the juice with pepper and salt.
- Pour this mixture along with melted butter over the clams and serve.
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp. cornmeal
- Salt & pepper
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled & minced
- ¼ cup wine
- 3 dozen hard shelled clams, well scrubbed
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- The first important step is to throw away any clams that are not shut firmly. Take a bowl, fill it with cold water and sprinkle cornmeal on it and put the clams in it.
- Refrigerate this bowl for 1½ hrs. Drain the water and scrub the clams under cold running water.
- Take a heavy pot with a lid and heat olive oil in it.
- When the oil is heated, saute garlic in it for 5 minutes, on low heat.
- Pour water and wine in it and turn up the heat.
- Add clams to the pot, cover it with the lid and steam for about 6 minutes, shaking the pot frequently to redistribute the clams. Do not open the lid.
- After the required time, remove the clams in a bowl and discard the unopened clams.
- Add pepper, salt and parsley to the broth. Serve the clams in a bowl and pour the broth over them.
- ½ cup water
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 1½ cup white wine
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 3 lbs. clams
- 4 stalks celery
- 1 tbsp. parsley
- ½ pat of butter, sliced
- Chop the celery, onions, and carrots into small pieces and set aside.
- Now take a Dutch oven or soup pot and add wine and water to it.
- Place a steaming rack into the bottom of the oven, so that clams do not stick or fall to the bottom.
- When done, place the clams in the Dutch oven.
- Now sprinkle the chopped carrots, onions and celery over the clams.
- Then, sprinkle parsley over the veggies and add the slice of butter.
- Cover it and cook until the clams open, about 20-30 minutes.
- When done, remove from heat and pour it into a casserole dish, along with the juice. Serve with bread and wine.