Steak is an integral part of the American cuisine. No American can go without it, unless he or she is a vegetarian. So whether you like it medium, rare or well-done, this dish is certainly a treat for your palate. Here are some delectable recipes.
Bavarian Style Cube Steaks
Bavarian Style Cube Steaks
- Cooking Oil, 1 tbsp.
- Beef Steaks, 1 lb. (cubed)
- Onions, ⅓ cup (chopped)
- Water, 2½ cups
- Dry Mushroom Soup Mix Envelopes, 2.
- Brown Sugar, 2 tbsp.
- White Vinegar, 2 tbsp.
- Caraway Seeds, 1 tsp.
- Take a large skillet and heat some oil in it. Once the oil starts sizzling, add the steak cubes into it. Let them cook properly and get a rich brown color on each side.
- Add the onion and cook till they become transparent. This should take 5 minutes.
- In a bowl add water, mushroom soup mix, sugar, caraway seeds, and vinegar. Mix them well.
- Pour this mixture on the meat cubes and let them simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the meat from the skillet and then drain off the fat from its sides.
- Serve this dish hot, with a rich aromatic gravy and fresh mashed potatoes.
- Beef Flank Steak, 1½ lbs.
- Vegetable Oil, 2 tbsp.
- Onion, 1 (sliced)
- Green Chilies, 4 oz. (chopped)
- Water, ⅓ cup
- Vinegar, 2 tbsp.
- Chili Powder, 1¼ tsp.
- Garlic Powder, 1 tsp.
- Sugar, ½ tsp.
- Salt, ½ tsp.
- Pepper, ⅛ tsp.
- The slice of meat needs to fit in a crock-pot, so if it's too big you need to cut it into half.
- Take a large skillet and place it over medium heat. Add oil and the steak to it.
- After the meat gets a brown color in the skillet, transfer it to the crock-pot.
- In the same skillet, add onions, green chilies, water, vinegar, chili powder, garlic powder, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Allow this mixture to come to a boil on medium heat and keep stirring, so that it doesn't stick to the bottom of the skillet.
- Pour this mixture over the steak in the crock-pot.
- Let it cook in the crock-pot for 4 hours on high heat, so that the meat becomes tender.
- Remove the meat and place it on a dish.
- Slice diagonally and serve with onions and mashed potatoes.
- Beef Round Steak, 3 lbs. (½ inch thick)
- Flour, ¼ cup
- Dry Mustard, 2 tsp.
- Salt, 2 tsp.
- Pepper, 1 pinch.
- Shortening, ¼ cup
- Water, ½ cup
- Worcestershire Sauce, 1 tbsp.
- Start with removing all the fat from the steak, but do not slash, as this will curl the meat.
- In a bowl add flour, mustard, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Cover the meat with this mixture.
- Take a skillet, add shortening and the marinated meat to it. Let it fry on each side. Place the meat in one corner of the skillet and add the flour mixture in the skillet.
- Add water and Worcestershire sauce, and mix well in the skillet.
- Let this cook till the sauce starts thickening and boiling.
- Cover the skillet and cook for 90 minutes.
- Remove the steak and place it on a platter. Serve it hot with a flavorsome gravy and mashed potatoes.