People, who love red meat, mainly beef, would relish a steak dinner. A steak is a slice from a large piece of meat that is cut perpendicular to the muscle fibers. If you are health conscious, have grilled or broiled steak instead of fried ones. A grilled or barbecued one along with a bowl of green salad would make a complete meal.
- Steak, 1 lb.
- Vegetable oil and olive oil, 4 to 5 tbsp.
- Lemon juice, 1 tbsp.
- Honey and garlic, ½ tbsp.
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together to make a paste.
- Rub it on both sides of the steak, and keep it in the chill compartment of your refrigerator.
- The steak has to be marinated for almost 24 hrs before cooking.
- Once in a while, flip the steak over in the dish to ensure both sides are equally marinated.
- Steak, 1 lb.
- Lemon juice, ½ cup
- Tomato paste or puree, 5 tbsp.
- Red wine or vinegar, 1 tbsp.
- Honey, 2 tsp.
- Herbs, 1 tsp.
- Crushed black pepper, as per your taste.
- Mix all the ingredients together with the lemon juice.
- Arrange the slices of steak on a flat plate.
- Pour this mixture over them and refrigerate for almost 10 hrs.
- In between, flip the slices so that both sides are soaked well.
- Medium-sized shallots (crushed or minced), 2 to 3
- Vegetable oil, ⅓ cup
- Soy sauce, ¼ cup
- Brown sugar, 3 tbsp.
- Balsamic vinegar, 2 tbsp.
- Dried thyme leaves or oregano, 1 tbsp.
- Mix all ingredients to form a paste.
- Smear on both sides of the steak.
- Place the steak in a plastic container and refrigerate till you take it out to cook.
- Overnight marination is the best.
- Steak, 2 lb.
- Barbecue sauce, 1 cup
- Italian salad dressing, 1 cup
- Worcestershire sauce, ½ cup
- garlic and pepper seasoning, 2 tsp.
- In a flat plate, mix all the ingredients to make a barbecue paste.
- Place the steak on the plate and rub the paste all over it.
- Repeat this for the second side also.
- Cover the plate with an aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight or at least for 4 to 5 hours.
- Before you place it on a barbecue grill, remove it from the chill compartment.
Do not leave the marinated steak outside for long; it is wise to refrigerate the marinated meat immediately. The reason is the meat can turn rancid, if the atmospheric temperature is warm.