A slow cooker, also known as a Crock Pot, is a countertop electric cooking appliance that provides one with the luxury of unattended slow cooking on low temperatures. The concept of a slow cooker is taken from the traditional way of cooking, where food was cooked unattended for long hours in earthen pots.
- Boneless chicken breast halves, 4
- Condensed cream of chicken soup, 10.75 oz.
- Onion (finely diced), 1
- Butter, 2 tbsp.
- Refrigerated biscuit dough (torn into small pieces), 10 oz.
Place the chicken, soup, onion, and butter in the slow cooker. Add enough water to cover all the ingredients. Set the temperature to high, and cook covered for 5-6 hours. Add the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker half an hour before serving, and mix well. Cook until the dough turns soft. Serve hot with your choice of bread.
- Boneless chicken breasts, 3 lb
- Orange juice, ¼ cup
- Peanut butter, ½ cup
- Chicken stock, ¼ cup
- Low sodium soy sauce, 3 tbsp.
- Garlic powder, ¼ tsp.
- Ginger (ground), ½ tsp.
- Sugar, 1 tbsp.
- Pepper, ¼ tsp.
- Boneless chicken breast meat, 3 lb
- Small red potatoes, 3
- Small onion, 1
- Dry onion gravy mix, 1 small packet
- Apple (peeled and cut into eighths), 1
- Condensed cream of celery soup, 1 can
- Olive oil, ½ tsp.
- Garlic cloves (crushed), 3
- Water, ½ cup
- Ground black pepper, ½ tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Italian-style seasoning, ½ tsp.
Heat some olive oil in a pan, and sauté the garlic and chicken in it until they turn lightly brown. Add these along with the potatoes, onion, dry gravy mix, apple, celery soup, water, pepper, salt, and seasoning to the slow cooker. Set the temperature to low, and cook covered for 6-8 hours. Serve hot with your choice of accompaniment.
- Boneless chicken pieces, 3 lb
- Noodles (cooked), 2 cups
- Merlot (Dry red wine) or chicken broth, ¼ cup
- Fresh mushrooms (sliced), 3 cups
- Large onion (chopped), 1
- Garlic cloves (minced), 2
- Chicken broth, ¾ cup
- Tomato paste, 16 oz. can
- Pepper, ¼ tsp.
- Salt, ¼ tsp.
- Sugar, 2 tsp.
- Quick-cooking tapioca, 2 tbsp.
- Fresh basil (snipped), 2 tbsp.
- Parmesan cheese (shredded), 2 tbsp.
In a slow cooker, place the mushrooms, onion, garlic, and chicken pieces. In a large bowl, mix the chicken broth or red wine with the tomato paste, tapioca, salt, pepper, sugar, and 1 tablespoon of the basil, and pour this mixture over the chicken pieces in the slow cooker.
Cook covered on low temperature for 7-8 hours and when done, stir in the remaining basil. While serving, spoon the chicken pieces over hot cooked noodles and sprinkle it with the Parmesan cheese.
Tender cut meat of chicken is perfect for slow cooking. You can add a variety of vegetables and even some fruit for a tangy taste and be completely assured of providing a healthy one pot meal for your family.