Shrimp and pasta are an excellent combination especially for people who believe that seafood and Italian food are their bread and butter. Read on for some mouth-watering recipes.
Shrimp Pasta with Bacon
- Pasta (Penne Rigate) - 1 Pound
- Bacon - ¼ Pound
- Frozen Peas - ¼ Cup
- Medium-sized Shrimp - ¼ Pound
- Butter - 2 Tablespoons
- Ricotta Cheese - ½ Cup
- Grated Parmesan Cheese - 2 Tablespoons
- Salt & Pepper - To Taste
- Cut the bacon into narrow strips.
- Thaw the peas.
- Peel and trim the shrimp.
- Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water.
- Heat the bacon in a large pan until the fat starts melting. Add the peas and sauté for a couple of minutes. Add the shrimp and cook until properly done.
- Remove the pan from the heat and then add in the butter. Stir the contents until the butter has melted completely.
- In a separate bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese along with the salt and pepper. When you are ready to serve, add about 2 tablespoons of boiling pasta water and whisk the mixture.
- Drain the pasta and add in the cheese mixture. Now mix in the bacon, shrimp and peas. Toss and serve.
Pasta with Garlic Shrimp and Broccoli
- Cooked Pasta (Angel Hair) - 2 Cups
- Raw Jumbo Shrimp - 1 Pound
- Cooked Broccoli Florets - 2 Cups
- Chopped Fresh Parsley - 2 Tablespoons
- Flour - 2 Tablespoons
- Milk - 2 Cups
- Butter - 3 Tablespoons
- Heavy Whipping Cream - ½ Cup
- Basil Pesto - 3 Teaspoons
- Minced Garlic - 6 Cloves
- Grated Parmesan Cheese - ¼ Cup
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- White Pepper - ½ Teaspoon
- Worcestershire Sauce - ½ Teaspoon
- Hot Sauce - To Taste
- Peel and trim the shrimp.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, heat and melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Stir in the flour and stir constantly for a couple of minutes.
- Reduce the flame to medium. Whisk in the milk and cream and stir constantly till the mixture thickens.
- Add the pesto, parsley, 3 cloves of garlic, parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low, and keep the mixture warm.
- In a medium-sized skillet, heat the remaining butter. Add the shrimp and the remaining cloves of garlic. Sprinkle salt over the shrimp and sauté for five minutes. The shrimp should turn pink in color. Ensure that you do not overcook the shrimp.
- Toss the pasta, shrimp and broccoli together to serve.
Shrimp Pasta with Asparagus
- Pasta (Farfalle) - 1 Pound
- Shrimp - 8 Ounces
- Asparagus - 1 Pound
- Vegetable Stock - ½ Cup
- Italian Parsley - 2 Tablespoons
- Hot Red Pepper Flakes - 1 Teaspoon
- Basil Leaves - 10
- Olive Oil - 5 Tablespoons
- Garlic - 2 Cloves
- Parmesan Cheese - 2 Tablespoons
- Salt - To Taste
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until the pasta is cooked. This will take approximately 10 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large cooking pan. Cook the garlic in it till it turns golden brown in color. Add the shrimp and sauté for a couple of minutes. Empty the contents from the pan into a separate bowl.
- Add asparagus, vegetable stock, pepper flakes and salt to the pan. Bring the mixture to boiling and then simmer for a few minutes.
- Return the shrimp back to the pan. Also add the parsley and basil. Drain the pasta and add it to the pan.
- Heat over low flame till the pasta is completely covered in sauce.
- Remove the pasta from the pan and stir in the cheese. Serve immediately.
Cajun Shrimp Pasta
- Pasta (Vermicelli) - 1 Pound
- Peeled Fresh Shrimp - 1 Pound
- Grated Parmesan Cheese - ½ Cup
- Chopped Green Onions - 1 Cup
- Peeled, Diced and Seeded Tomatoes - 2 Cups
- Shrimp Stock - 3 Cups
- Olive Oil - 2 Tablespoons
- Thyme - ½ Teaspoon
- Pepper - 1 Teaspoon
- Basil - ½ Teaspoon
- Chopped Garlic - 1 Tablespoon
- Worcestershire Sauce - 1 Tablespoon
- Tabasco Sauce - ½ Teaspoon
- Sugar - 2 Tablespoons
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water.
- Sauté the chopped onions in the olive oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, thyme, pepper and basil and cook the mixture for a few minutes.
- Now add all the remaining contents except the pasta, cheese, and shrimp and cook the mixture for half-an-hour over a low flame.
- In another pan, sauté the shrimp in some butter until the shrimp is three-quarters cooked. You can verify this when the shrimp turns pink but not totally opaque.
- Add the sauce and cook for a couple of minutes more.
- Toss the shrimp with the mixture prepared above and pasta and serve hot.