The best part about making salsa at home is that there is almost no cooking involved. Let's see how simple and quick it is.
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, peeled, deseeded, and chopped
- 3 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, finely chopped
- 1 ½ to 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper, as per taste
- In a mixing bowl, combine onion, garlic, chopped tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeño peppers, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Toss all the ingredients well and place the salsa in the refrigerator for a couple of hours so that the flavors are properly mixed.
- You can choose to remove the seeds from the peppers to make the salsa a bit mild in taste.
- 5 lbs. diced, seeded, and cored tomatoes
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup vinegar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 tsp. salt
- This recipe works well if you want to can the salsa for a longer time.
- In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients.
- Let the mixture come to a boil over low heat.
- Let the mixture simmer till the water is not seen in the mixture.
- Now carefully fill the salsa jars three quarters with the salsa.
- Cover the jars with the lids and screw the lids well.
- Now place the jars in boiling water for 15 minutes, so that the bottles are sealed well.
- One of the simplest canned salsa recipe is ready and can be stored for use later.
- 2 ½ cups fresh ripe tomatoes, diced
- ¾ cup corn kernels, cooked
- ¼ cup red onion, minced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt to taste
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 2 hours before you serve it.