In the olden days, the term marinade was used only with regards to fish. However, over a period of time, there came a change, when it was used for all terms relating to marinating. Try a wet or dry marinade to add tons of flavor to the fish.
Recipes to Make
When using marinades, it is best to place salmon and marinade in a plastic bag. Ensure you remove all air from the bag and seal it. Keeping the bad sealed will ensure that the marinade coats the pieces evenly. It is best to let salmon marinate in the refrigerator for at least 7 to 8 hours, or overnight.
Soy Sauce Marinade
- 1½ lbs salmon
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine orange juice, honey, soy sauce, and canola oil. Whisk the ingredients properly.
- Add minced ginger, garlic, salt, and pepper to the mixture and mix well.
- Add salmon and let it marinate for a minimum of an hour before cooking it.
- Grill or broil it as per your choice. The cooking time will vary according to the size of fish cut and method.
- 2 fillets salmon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine garlic, olive oil, basil, lemon juice, and parsley.
- After they are well mixed, add salt and pepper to the mixture.
- Let the fillets marinate for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cover the fillets with aluminum foil along with marinade and place it in the oven.
- Let the salmon bake for 40 to 45 minutes, till salmon flakes easily.
Teriyaki Sauce Marinade
- 2 lbs salmon
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups teriyaki sauce
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- In a mixing bowl, combine brown sugar and teriyaki sauce.
- Continue to stir till sugar has dissolved.
- Add onions, ginger, and garlic to the mixture.
- Add salmon and let it marinate in the refrigerator overnight in a plastic bag.
- Bake, grill, or broil the fish, as per your choice.