Looking out for sizzling salmon caper recipes? Does your dish of salmon always lack that zing? Try a tinge of capers? Look no further, as cooking salmon with capers has just got easier for you! Getting that perfect blend is not difficult if you stick to the prescribed measurement of ingredients. And remember that the most important rule to prepare any kind of fish recipe is to never overcook the fish.
Baked Salmon and Capers
- Salmon fillets, preferably fresh
- Basil leaves, chives, oregano, and parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup lemon juice and 1 sliced lemon
- Finely chop all the herbs so that they release adequate flavor while cooking.
- Take two aluminum foil pieces and grease them with olive oil. Then sprinkle the chopped herbs onto the foil.
- Place the salmon on the greased foils and add the remaining herbs along with the capers.
- Pour the lemon juice on the fillets without disturbing the preparation.
- Place the lemon slices in the middle of the fillets.
- Wrap the fillets and bake them in a pre-heated oven at 140 degree Celsius.
- When the skin turns shiny and brown, you will know that the dish is ready to be served!
Grilled Salmon and Capers
- 1 salmon fillet
- 1/4 cup capers; make sure that they are drained.
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of fresh and chopped dill
- 2 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Olive oil to cook
- Pre heat the grill at medium heat.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and add some oil to it, enough to make it runny.
- Brush the mixture all over the fillet. To let the flavor reach inside, make small slits on the fillets.
- Place the salmon in the grill basket and place it on the grill.
- Let it cook on the grill for 20 minutes, till it turns golden. For some sheen, brush a bit of olive oil while grilling.
- Serve it hot with any dip of your choice
Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are excellent for the heart. This high-in-nutrition fish is a delicacy among the fish lovers. Salmon has low fat, which makes it hit for lunch and dinner items amongst those on diet. Especially when cooked in olive oil, salmon becomes the best health food, for all those people conscious about their calories. With just a perfect dash of capers, your salmon dish will get some extra reservations at the table!