Guests are famished by hunger, at the start of the party and hors d'oeuvre are perfect food items to get the party started. Some lightly filling and mouth-watering appetizer are a great way of starting the greatest party. Appetizers recipes bring the much-needed energy to the party to rock all night long.
- 2 proportionate center cut salmon fillets with skin
- 1 tablespoon black pepper corns
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon, cognac, rum, or whiskey
- ¼ cup chopped dill
- Salt, as per taste
- Remove all the bones from salmon using a tweezer.
- Coarsely crush the pepper corns with a heavy object.
- Combine salt, crushed pepper, and sugar in a bowl. Next, add a tablespoon of water to mix them well. Also, the sugar will partially dissolve, making the process of marinating easy.
- Now rub the sugar and salt marinade, on both sides of the fish fillets.
- Sprinkle some cognac on it, and arrange the fillets on top for the other.
- Sprinkle the chopped dill on the fish.
- Put the fish fillet a greased baking dish and bake it for 30 minutes.
- 8 salmon fillets
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 stalk sliced celery
- 2 smashed garlic cloves
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fennel
- 4 cups water
- Mix the sugar and salt with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Rub this mixture on the fish fillets and let it refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
- Now combine the rest of the ingredients together and sprinkle them on the fish, once you remove it from the fridge.
- Heat the smoker well, before you begin smoking the meat. You can also use a grill for the same purpose. Use coal instead of electric smoker to get the effect.
- Grill the fish fillets, till they turn dark pink on the inside and the cover turns brown.
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Ground nutmeg
- 9 thin slices of white or brown bread (crusts removed)
- Dill sprigs
- A packet of smoked salmon
- Mix all these ingredients together, except the salmon.
- Spread it on to the bread slices and garnish it with dill springs.