Guests are famished by hunger, at the start of the party and hors d'oeuvre are perfect food items to get the party started. Some lightly filling and mouth-watering appetizer are a great way of starting the greatest party. Appetizers recipes bring the much-needed energy to the party to rock all night long.
- 2 proportionate center cut salmon fillets with skin
- 1 tablespoon black pepper corns
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon, cognac, rum, or whiskey
- ¼ cup chopped dill
- Salt, as per taste
- Remove all the bones from salmon using a tweezer.
- Coarsely crush the pepper corns with a heavy object.
- Combine salt, crushed pepper, and sugar in a bowl. Next, add a tablespoon of water to mix them well. Also, the sugar will partially dissolve, making the process of marinating easy.
- Now rub the sugar and salt marinade, on both sides of the fish fillets.
- Sprinkle some cognac on it, and arrange the fillets on top for the other.
- Sprinkle the chopped dill on the fish.
- Put the fish fillet a greased baking dish and bake it for 30 minutes.
- 8 salmon fillets
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 stalk sliced celery
- 2 smashed garlic cloves
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fennel
- 4 cups water
- Mix the sugar and salt with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Rub this mixture on the fish fillets and let it refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
- Now combine the rest of the ingredients together and sprinkle them on the fish, once you remove it from the fridge.
- Heat the smoker well, before you begin smoking the meat. You can also use a grill for the same purpose. Use coal instead of electric smoker to get the effect.
- Grill the fish fillets, till they turn dark pink on the inside and the cover turns brown.
Smoked Salmon Sandwiches
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Ground nutmeg
- 9 thin slices of white or brown bread (crusts removed)
- Dill sprigs
- A packet of smoked salmon
- Mix all these ingredients together, except the salmon.
- Spread it on to the bread slices and garnish it with dill springs.
While you make these recipes, make sure that the fish fillets have been cleaned properly. The ingredients mentioned in the above recipes can be changed to suit your palate. Also, while buying salmon, make sure you've bought the fresh fish. The fish does not really have a taste. So, to make a tasty fish, you need to make sure that fish has been marinated for at least two hours. If you are refrigerating the fish, let it thaw before you begin cooking it, or else, it will lead to disintegration of the flesh.