So you've gotta cook tonight and you are no Nigella Lawson or Jamie Oliver. They romance cooking, but you romance eating and the only way to your man's heart is through his food. Never mind! Take a deep breath and let all your worries out of the window.
These romantic dinners to cook will take your evening, so do the setting of the table, clearing up the place, lighting the candles and getting as mushy as you can beforehand. Cooking takes dedication, commitment and love.
- 2 racks of lamb
- 1-1/2 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon minced rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon minced thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Sprinkle the lamb rack with salt and pepper and let it marinate for an hour.
- Heat the olive oil on medium heat in a pan.
- Now, place the lamb racks in the pan and fry them until brown on low heat.
- Once the lamb racks are slightly brown, remove them and wrap them in a foil.
- Transfer them in a preheated oven at 400°F, for 20 - 30 minutes.
- To make the red wine sauce, in the same pan sauté the onions with the herbs and wine.
- Simmer the mixture until its 3/4 of the original and add salt and pepper to suit your taste.
- Cut the lamb pieces and serve with red sauce.
- This dish is good enough to serve 2 - 4 persons.
- 2 chicken thighs and 2 chicken breast halves
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon leaf oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup red wine
- Salt and ground pepper as per taste
- In a pan, heat olive oil and add the chicken breasts and thighs.
- Brown them on slow heat.
- Add rest of the ingredients to the pan and sauté them till the chicken becomes tender.
- Add a little red wine and cover it, till the chicken cooks.
- Serve it hot with white sauce.
- This dish will serve 2-3 persons.
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- Dash of paprika
- Dash salt and pepper
- A pinch of dried parsley
- Marinate the fish fillets for 2-3 hours with salt, pepper, paprika, and dried parsley. However, leave some for cooking too.
- Once the marinade is done, add the butter to a saucepan and let it melt.
- Now, add garlic, pepper, salt, parsley, and paprika.
- Heat till the butter begins to simmer.
- Get the mixture off the stove and brush well over the fillets.
- Wrap them in a foil and set them in preheated oven 350°C for 12 - 15 minutes.
- Serve the fillets with barbecue sauce.
- This recipe serves 2 persons.
These dinners are very easy to make, provided you have arranged for the ingredients beforehand. To make the dinners more intimate try cooking the meal with your lover. Hope these recipes have answered your queries about what's cooking tonight?! Bon appétit!