It is one of the ingredients to sustaining a long, healthy relationship, especially when all your time is taken up by work, home, and kids. Loving gestures, another important ingredient, work like band aids that help in soothing the strain that problems and issues place on relationships.
While men are constantly being told that women need to be appreciated, this truth is applicable vice versa as well. Every so often, it is important to do something nice for the man in your life. And good food is one of the best ways to achieve that objective. Romantic dinner ideas for him must constitute foods that he will enjoy.
Shrimp Cocktail Starter
Ingredients for Shrimp:
- 1 pound shrimp (unpeeled)
- 1 lemon (halved)
- 10 black peppercorns
- 1 onion (quartered)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
Ingredients for Cocktail Sauce:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley leaves (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh horseradish (grated)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- To prepare the shrimp, take a medium-sized pot and fill it with water.
- Squeeze the lemon into the water and add it along with salt, onion, bay leaf, and peppercorns.
- Place the pot over high heat, and once the water begins to boil, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium and toss in the shrimp.
- When the shrimp turn pink and opaque, take them off the heat and strain.
- When they are cool to touch, peel and refrigerate to chill through.
- To get the sauce ready, combine the horseradish, ketchup, lemon juice, and hot sauce in a pan.
- Place the pan over low heat, and warm for about 5 minutes.
- Refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley just before serving.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Marsala wine
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms (halved)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½-¾ pound veal cutlet or boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- Mix together the flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Whisk the egg till light in another bowl.
- Wrap the veal in a plastic wrap, and lightly pound it with a meat mallet till about 1'' thick.
- Take it out of the plastic wrap and dip it first in the egg, and then in the flour mixture.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and add the veal to it.
- Brown on both sides, and then add in the mushrooms, broth, and wine.
- Bring to a boil and then lower the heat and simmer uncovered for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve over spaghetti.
- ½ cup orange marmalade
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ½ cup cold milk
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese (softened)
- ½ teaspoon orange extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping (thawed)
- Chocolate hearts
- Stir together the orange marmalade and juice in a large saucepan.
- Place over medium heat and keep stirring until melted and blended.
- Mix the cornstarch and water in a small bowl, and stir till there are no lumps left.
- Add it slowly to the marmalade mixture. Bring the liquid to boil and cook for 4 minutes or until it thickens.
- Take it off the heat and add the extract.
- Cool completely and add the whipped topping.
- Whisk the cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. Add the sour cream to it and whisk some more.
- Combine the milk and pudding mix in another bowl and let it stand for 2 minutes, or until soft-set.
- Then add into cream cheese mixture.
- Take a clear clean plastic bag, and cut a small hole in one corner.
- Fill half the bag with the cream cheese mixture.
- Press the bag, and fill the parfait glasses with the cream cheese mixture in a swirled design.
- Place the glasses in the refrigerator and garnish with chocolate hearts before serving.
These recipes for him will surely be a big hit! Remember to set the ambiance with candles and music, and enjoy your first of many romantic dinner meals to come.