Romance is the key to a happy and long-lasting relationship between a couple. I know that there are plenty of men out there looking for different ways to woo their girlfriend or wife, but quite often they eventually end up buying some "girlie stuff" for their partner. However, trust me guys, one of the greatest ways to impress your lady love is to cook a romantic meal for her. So here are some mouth-watering, inexpensive romantic dinner recipes for her, that are easy to prepare and will also satiate her taste buds.
Sweet and Tangy White Sangria
- Dry white wine, 1 bottle (750 ml), chilled
- Limes, 4 (medium)
- Vodka, ½ cup (chilled)
- Sugar, ½ cup
- Lemon, 1
- Tonic water
- Mint leaves, to garnish
- In a glass jar, juice two of the limes and slice the other two into thin slices.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients except the tonic water and refrigerate for 1 - 2 hours.
- Serve over ice cubes, topping off with desired amount of tonic and garnishing with mint leaves.
Tangy & Creamy Caesar Salad Recipe
- Romaine lettuce, ½ head (washed, dried, and torn)
- Croutons, 1½ cup (garlic-flavored, large)
- Parmesan cheese, 3 tbsp (freshly grated)
- Black pepper, to taste (freshly ground)
- Mayonnaise, 1 cup (low-fat)
- Parmesan cheese, ⅓ cup (freshly grated)
- half-and-half (dairy product made of half whole milk and half cream), ¼ cup
- Anchovy fillets, 2
- Garlic, 2 small cloves
- Lemon juice, 2 tbsp
- Dijon mustard, 1 tbsp
- Worcestershire sauce, 2 tsp
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For the dressing, blend the chopped anchovy and garlic together.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend for 30 - 45 seconds, if the dressing is very thick, add some milk to dilute its consistency.
- Refrigerate for 3 - 4 hours. Finally, toss about half the dressing with lettuce and crutons, and garnish with Parmesan cheese and fresh ground pepper.
Easy-Creamy Linguini with Shrimp
- Linguine, 6 oz
- Cream cheese, 3 oz
- Shrimp, ½ lb (cooked)
- Crimini mushrooms, ¼ lb (fresh, sliced)
- Chicken broth, ½ cup (boiling)
- Butter, ¼ cup
- Parmesan cheese, ¼ cup (grated)
- Parsley, 2 tbsp (fresh, minced)
- Butter, 1 tbsp
- Garlic, 2-3 cloves (minced)
- Basil, ¾ tsp (dried)
- Pepper, ¼ tsp (freshly ground)
- Salt, to taste
- Boil the linguini in slightly salted water till al-dente and then drain.
- Take a skillet, melt 1 tbsp butter over medium high heat, put the mushrooms in it and saute until tender. Transfer the mushrooms to a small plate and keep it aside.
- Now, heat ¼ cup butter in the skillet, add the minced garlic, and then stir in the cream cheese.
- Add the parsley and basil, and allow it to simmer for 5 - 6 minutes.
- Add boiling chicken broth to it and stir until the sauce smoothens.
- Add the shrimp and mushrooms and cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the sauce, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and serve hot.
- Mascarpone cheese, 10.5 oz
- Strawberries, 15 (hulled, cleaned, and quartered)
- Ladyfinger biscuits, 14
- Eggs, 2 (whites and yolks separated)
- Whipped cream, ½ cup
- Coffee, ⅓ cup (strong)
- Castor sugar, ¼ cup
- Añejo rum, 2 tbsp
- Unsweetened cocoa, to garnish
- Beat the egg yolks with sugar in an electric mixer and add marscarpone cheese; beat well till incorporated.
- In a bowl, beat egg the whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold cream into the cheese mixture and then fold in egg whites and strawberries.
- In another bowl, combine rum and espresso, dip seven of the ladyfingers into the coffee/rum mixture and place them in the bottom of a serving dish.
- Now spread half the cheese/strawberry mixture over the ladyfingers and dip the remaining ladyfingers in the coffee/rum mixture and place them over the cheese.
- Spread the remaining cheese over the top and refrigerate for 4 - 5 hours.
- Finally, sift cocoa powder on the top and garnish each piece with a half cut strawberry.
Whether it is a Valentine's Day party, a special anniversary, or a just a romantic dinner for your girlfriend, these simple and yummy romantic dinner recipes for her will work for all occasions, and will surely make your date a special and memorable one. All the best!