They say, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, and it indeed is true. Accomplishing this task, requires passion for food and for the person who you'd be cooking for. You will require 'No Reservations' like the perfectionist chef Catherine Zeta Jones, but just an eye for detail to woo your love. It's time you heat things up in the kitchen, to make the dinner time action-packed. These dinner recipes are not only about the main course, but also about the tantalizing appetizers and the seducing desserts that come before and after.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves (packed)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 slices of Spanish jamón or Italian prosciutto
- 6 balls of mini mozzarella (water-packed)
- 1 shallot, coarsely chopped
- Wooden skewers
- 1 small honeydew or other melon
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Mixture the olive oil, basil leaves, shallots and salt in a blender to get a smooth dressing. Keep the blender going till they are mixed well and then add pepper to suit your taste.
- Peel the melon and remove the seeds. Cut the melon into large chunks so that they fit on skewers.
- Cut the Spanish jamón or Italian prosciutto into half along its length.
- To arrange all of it on the skewers, slide the piece of melon first, then carefully pierce the piece of meat, fanning it down till it's perfectly on top of the melon. Now, slide the mozzarella ball and slide another piece of melon and jamón on top of it.
- Arrange the skewers on the platter with dressing all over it.
- 2 long cloves of garlic, peeled
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup. olive oil
- 2 shallots
- 2 medium white potatoes, peeled
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoon white wine
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe tomatoes, halved
- 1 rack of lamb, cut length wise (about 1 lb)
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees F.
- Pour the oil in a bowl mix the herbs. Make a garlic paste and add to the herb and garlic mixture.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and place them in a greased baking dish. Put some herb and olive oil mix on it and set aside.
- Cut the lamb racks in half and sprinkle salt and pepper and brown them on a skillet with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Remove them, once they are brown.
- Add the remaining olive oil to pan and brown the chopped potatoes and shallots. It will take about 5 minutes. Pour in wine and stir occasionally till it simmers. Add the herb mixture and some salt and pepper to make it thick and set aside.
- Put the lamb racks on top of the mixture in the skillet and allow it to cook for 10 minutes.
- Now remove everything and bake the tomatoes along with the herb mixture with lamb racks. It will take around 25-30 minutes for the lamb racks to become tender.
- Remove the dish from the oven, turn it upside down, cut it like a cake and serve it hot!
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon high-quality instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup Nutella (or other chocolate-hazelnut spread)
- Fresh raspberries, to garnish (optional)
- In a serving bowl, mix the whipping cream and the instant coffee and set aside in a fridge for cooling.
- Then stir the mixture till the coffee is dissolved and add Nutella. Put the entire mixture in a blender and let it blend, till it becomes soft.
- It will become very soft, but will set well once it cools down.
- Just before serving, garnish it with fresh raspberries.
To cook these easy dinners, get the ingredients ready well before you start. So, set aside the excuse that you can't cook and get started to make that candlelit dinner perfect.