- 2 large roasted red bell peppers
- 3 large russet potatoes (peeled and quartered)
- 1 large yellow onion (peeled and diced)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 quarts vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- 1 cup hot milk or cream
- ¼ cup butter
- Cayenne, salt and pepper to taste
Cut peeled and seeded peppers into strips. In a large soup pot, add pepper strips, potatoes, onion, garlic and vegetable stock. Cook over medium high heat, until potatoes can be mashed easily. Remove from heat and add cream (or milk) and butter. Transfer this soup concoction to an mixer and blend for 5 minutes. Season with cayenne pepper (or crushed red pepper), salt and pepper. Stir well and serve.
- 1 cup roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Prepare roasted peppers by removing blackened skin and seeds, and cut them into slices. In a food processor, add peppers, chicken broth, olive oil and vinegar. Make a smooth puree out of the mixture and transfer in a saucepan. Put over medium low heat for 5 minutes and then simmer for another 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add basil leaves, salt and pepper. Stir sauce and allow to cool down. You can preserve this sauce in jars and keep in refrigerator. Try making roasted red pepper cream sauce, and you will love the thick creamy relish, enriched with unique flavor of peppers.