Call them chickpeas, Bengal gram, ceci bean, Indian pea, or garbanzo, all these names refer to one and the same edible legume. Garbanzo beans have been cultivated since a long time in the history of human civilization and agricultural evolution. These legumes are excellent power pellets packed with proteins which impart great nutritional value to any recipe. Considering the fact that they pack a lot of punch, nutritionally speaking, you can make yourself some delicious and crunchy snacks.
- Garbanzo Beans, 4 cans
- Herbal Seasoning Mix, 2 tsp.
- Onion Powder, 2 tsp.
- Garlic Powder, 2 tsp.
- Cooking Spray, as per requirement (preferably Olive oil if you wish to reap the full health benefits of this wholesome snack).
- Cayenne Powder, as per taste
- Pour the legumes in a colander and hold it under clean running water. This process will wash away any traces of brine that may have been used during the canning process.
- Remove from under the water and keep the colander at a dry place where the excess moisture can drain away.
- Take a cookie sheet and cover its surface with aluminum foil.
- Spray the cooking oil over the aluminum foil and pour the well-drained beans over it. Spread them in such a manner that they lie upon the aluminum foil in a single layer. Absorb any remaining moisture with the help of some clean blotting paper.
- Spray the cooking spray and sprinkle the herbal seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne powder all over them.
- Set the oven's temperature at 350° F. Do not keep the oven preheated. Place them on the lowest rack of the oven and close the door.
- Roast for about 40 - 50 minutes, shaking the pan gently every 10 - 12 minutes to prevent them from getting burned.
- You will know that they are ready when they turn a delicious shade of crispy brown and the seasonings start giving off a roasted aroma.
- Allow them to cool down to room temperature before serving.