With the help of a rice cooker, students, busy moms, and singles find it rather easy to whip up well-balanced meals for themselves. Although the name of the appliance is rice cooker, it does not mean you cannot make other dishes in this appliance. Rice cooker meals do not burn in the rice cooker, due to the various cooking modes available on it.
After the stipulated time, the program shifts to keep warm, due to which the food remains warm and does not burn. Most of the rice cooker recipes are easy and simple, as you will have to throw in the required ingredients into the cooker and the meal is ready after the stipulated time. You will have to vary the program or increase the amount of liquid ingredients if you are using meat with big pieces.
Easy Rice Cooker Recipes
The quantity of water required will largely depend on the rice you use. Some rice require less amount of water as compared to others. After using the rice only will you be able to decide the quantity of water.
- Long grain rice, 2 cups
- Tomato sauce, 1 can
- Mexican-style stewed tomatoes (with juice) 14 ounces
- Salsa, ¼ cup
- Cumin, ¾ teaspoon
- Chili powder, 2 teaspoons
- Garlic salt, ¾ teaspoon
- Dried onions, 5 teaspoons
- Green pepper (diced) 1
- Diced green chilies, 4 ounce
- Water, 1½ cups
- Salt to taste
- Grease a rice cooker pot with cooking spray.
- Wash the rice, add tomato sauce, and Mexican-style stewed tomatoes with the juice and mix well.
- Then, add cumin, chili powder, garlic salt, dried onions, and stir well again.
- Now, add salsa, green pepper, and green chilies.
- Mix all the ingredients well and add 1 cup of water.
- Taste the water to check if more salt is required.
- Let the rice cook.
- After one cycle is completed, check the rice. If it is not yet done, add ½ cup water to the rice and let it cook again.
- Serve the Spanish rice warm with some salad.
If you have a number of guests, this is a great way to make eggs and keep them warm for when people get up. It is also a good idea to use to for a buffet breakfast. Now, let's see how to cook scrambled eggs.
- Eggs (per person) 2
- Olive oil, 1½ teaspoons
- Bacon bit, 1 tablespoon
- Corn, 1 tablespoon
- Ham (cut into chunks and cooked) 2 tablespoons
- Green onion, 1 tablespoon
- To make scrambled eggs put olive oil and turn on the rice cooker.
- When the oil warms up, add the bacon, corn, ham, and green onion to the oil.
- Once all the ingredients are hot, break the eggs into the pot and stir.
- Close the lid, but check the eggs every few minutes and stir with wooden spoon, until the eggs are done to get fluffy scrambled eggs.
- Normally it takes about 15-20 minutes for 2 eggs to get done.
If you are hungry and want to have Italian pasta for dinner, using this recipe you will be savoring pasta around the 20th minute.
- Broth (or Water) 2 cups
- Tomato sauce, 1 cup
- Ground beef, ¼ cup
- Salt, ¼ teaspoon
- Olive oil, 1 teaspoon
- Dried oregano, ½ teaspoon
- Romano cheese, 3 tablespoons
- Uncooked pasta, 2 cups
- Place broth or water in the cooker, add tomato sauce, ground beef, olive oil, oregano, cheese and pasta to the broth.
- Depending on the cheese you use, add salt as required.
- Let the pasta cook as per the time settings on the rice cooker.
- When the cooker turns off, open stir pasta, and close again on warm for three minutes or till you are about to serve.