Although there are more than 20,000 species of shrimp, only about 300 of them are consumed. Shrimp are known by different names all around the world, for example, shrimp scampi and prawns. They are consumed in huge quantities all around the world and are even considered as a delicacy in many places.
Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- 1 pound, shrimp
- 3 tablespoons, garlic (minced)
- ½ cup, unsalted butter
- 1 cup, white wine
- Mix all the ingredients together and bake in a preheated oven at 350 ºF for 6-7 minutes.
- Do not overcook the shrimp. They are cooked when they turn pink in color. Also, do not use margarine instead of butter.
- If you do not have an oven you can sauté the entire mixture on a frypan.
Coconut Shrimp Scampi
- 2 pounds, shrimp in shells (uncooked)
- Hot cooked rice
- 2 cups, coconut juice
- 1 cup, pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons, lemon juice
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 carrots (thinly sliced)
- 1 celery stalk (thinly sliced)
- ½ teaspoon, ginger (grated)
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons, curry powder
- 3 tablespoons, olive oil
- Salt, pepper and paprika to taste
- Heat the water with salt in a big vessel. Add the shrimp and cook until they turn pink but not opaque.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and sauté the onion and garlic until they turn golden brown in color.
- Add the curry powder and butter into the pan until the entire mixture is deep brown in color.
- Add coconut juice, pineapple juice, seasonings, and sliced vegetables and cook on low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and lemon juice, and mix well.
- Serve with rice.
Chinese Fried Shrimp Scampi
- 3 cups, large shrimp (peeled; deveined)
- ½ cup, yellow cornmeal
- ½ cup, flour
- 1 egg (beaten)
- ½ cup (milk)
- ½ teaspoon, baking powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the shrimp with salt and pepper. Let it stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg, milk, cornmeal, flour, and baking powder with a quarter teaspoon salt.
- Add the shrimp into this mixture and stir until all the pieces are coated.
- In a deep frying pan, heat the oil.
- Add the shrimp in batches into the frying pan, and fry till they turn light brown in color. This will take about 2-4 minutes.
Grilled Lemon Shrimp Scampi
- 2 pounds, jumbo shrimp
- 1 bunch, green onions (thinly sliced)
- ¼ cup, parsley (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- ¼ cup, vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons, fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon, dried basil
- 1 teaspoon, dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon, salt
- Except the shrimp, mix all the ingredients together.
- Marinate the shrimp with the mixture for 4-5 hours. Grill the shrimp about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Serve with hot rice or pasta.