You maybe a self-proclaimed gourmet chief or bestowed upon with this honor by your loved ones. If you love experimenting in your kitchen and treating your family with wonderful treats, then you ought to try out these simple dessert recipes using sweetened condensed milk.
Sweetened condensed milk is made from cow's milk added with sugar, and boiled till about 60% of the water is evaporated. It is used to make candy, desserts, and baked products. It contains about 45% of sugar and is much thicker than evaporated milk.
Condensed Milk Recipes
- Soda crackers, 35 to 40
- Sweetened condensed milk, 1 can (14 ounces)
- Semi-sweet chocolate morsels, 1 ½ cups (9 ounces)
- Butter (divided), 1 ¼ cups (2 ½ sticks)
- Packed dark brown sugar, 1 cup
- Finely chopped walnuts, ¾ cup
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a jelly roll pan with heavy-duty foil.
- Melt ½ stick of butter in a saucepan. Pour it in the jelly pan. Arrange crackers on the melted butter. Crush some crackers to fill in the empty spaces.
- Now, melt the remaining butter in the same saucepan and add sugar. Boil at medium heat. Reduce the flame to low, stir occasionally for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the condensed milk. Pour this mixture over the crackers.
- Bake the pan for 10 to 12 minutes. The mixture should be bubbly and slightly darkened. Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle the morsels over the mixture and let it stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle nuts and press them slightly into the chocolate. Cool for 30 minutes over a wire rack. Refrigerate till the chocolate is set. Remove the foil and cut into pieces.
Bread and Butter Pudding
- Eggs, 3
- Small french bread stick (cut into 8 slices), 1
- Cream, 1 ½ cups
- Condensed Milk, ¾ cup
- Sultanas, ½ cup
- Butter, 30 g
- Vanilla essence, 2 tsp.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a shallow oven proof dish.
- Spread one side of bread slices with butter. Place the buttered side up in the greased dish.
- Sprinkle with sultanas.
- Combine remaining ingredients and whisk well. Pour custard over bread.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until set. Serve with sifted icing sugar, if desired.
Chilled Fruit Salad & Nut Christmas Cake
- Condensed milk, 395 g
- Ground almonds, 1 ½ cups
- Chopped dried pineapple, 1 cup
- Brazil nuts (chopped), 1 cup
- Chocolate bits, 1 cup
- Red glace cherries (cut in half), ¾ cup
- Chopped dried Papaya, ½ cup
- Chopped dried Apricots, ½ cup
- Chopped dried peaches, ½ cup
- Plain flour, 2 tbsp.
- Extra red glace cherries, for decoration
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Line a 20cm ring tin with baking paper. Grease the sides.
- Add all the ingredients in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly. Press mixture into greased tin.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Cover with foil for final 10 minutes to prevent browning, if required.
- Cool in tin then turn out to remove paper. Serve decorated with glace cherries. Cut into thin slices.
Chocolate Ice Cream Blast
- Condensed milk, 395 g
- Dark chocolate, 90 g
- Desiccated coconut, 15 g
- Cream, 600 mL
- Glace fruits of your choice (For e.g.-apricots, cherries, figs), 1 cup
- Roasted hazelnuts, ¼ cup
- Brandy, 2 tbsp.
- Combine the glace fruit of your choice and brandy.
- Mix sweetened condensed milk and cream in a large bowl. Beat till a thick and creamy mixture is formed.
- Add the fruit and nuts to the mixture.
- Line a 6 cup capacity pudding mold with plastic wrap. Add the mixture into mold, cover, and freeze.
- Melt dark cooking chocolate and desiccated coconut. Unmold the ice cream and pour over chocolate.
We are sure you will enjoy preparing these lip-smacking recipes as much as you and your family will enjoy savoring it. These easy to make recipes will surely earn you the crown of 'Best Cook in the Universe' from your family. So, all you 'home-chefs' prepare a surprise dessert for your family with recipes using condensed milk.