Summer is a wonderful season, as the days are really shiny and bright. Kids are in a relaxed mood, as they are enjoying their school vacations. You get ample time to spend with your family and friends. It is a perfect time for planning a backyard barbecue party. During summers, the market is loaded with fresh vegetables and amazing variety of fruits, like grapes, oranges, cherries, strawberries, and pineapple.
It is also an ideal time for preparing some new food items, like salads, appetizers, grilled items, cold beverages, and desserts. To beat the summer heat, always select nutritious, cooling, and refreshing foods to eat. Pamper your taste buds with delicious summer desserts, like ice creams, cup cakes, and pies. You may also opt for smoothies and milk shakes, as they are extremely healthy and help in maintaining the energy levels. Mentioned below are some simple summer dessert ideas that you can try this vacation.
Chocolate Pudding Pie
- Instant chocolate pudding mix: 2 packages (3.9 oz.)
- Prepared chocolate cookie crumb crust: 1 (9 inches)
- Frozen whipped topping, thawed: 1 container (8 oz.)
- Cream cheese, softened: 4 oz.
- Milk: 2 cups
- White sugar: 2 tbsp.
- Milk: 1 tbsp.
- Mix together cream cheese, 1 tbsp. of milk and 2 tbsp. of sugar in a large bowl.
- Beat it until smooth. Then, add about half of the whipped topping to this mixture and mix well.
- Spread this mixture on the crust. In a mixing bowl, mix together 2 cups of milk along with the chocolate pudding mix.
- Beat it for about 2 minutes using a wire whisk.
- Spread this mixture on the crust over the cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate it for about 4 hours until it sets well.
- Spread the remaining whipped topping over the pudding layer just before serving.
Creamy Fruit Dessert
- Mandarin oranges, drained: 1 can (11 oz.)
- Water-packed sliced peaches, drained: 1 can (8.25 oz.)
- Water-packed pineapple chunks, drained: 1 can (8 oz.)
- Fat-free cream cheese, softened: 4 oz.
- Plain fat-free yogurt: ½ cup
- Shredded coconut, toasted: 4 tbsp.
- Sugar: 1 tsp.
- Vanilla: ½ tsp.
- Mix together yogurt, sugar, cream cheese, and vanilla in a small mixing bowl.
- Beat it with an electric mixer until it becomes smooth.
- In another mixing bowl, combine together pineapple, peaches, and oranges.
- Now, add the cream cheese mixture to this fruit mixture and blend it well.
- Refrigerate it until chilled. Then, transfer the creamy fruit dessert to a serving bowl and garnish it with shredded coconut and serve immediately.
Wheat Germ and Fruit Smoothie
- Ripe banana, cut into chunks: 1
- Non-fat vanilla yogurt: 1 cup
- Fresh strawberries, sliced: 1 cup
- Ice cubes: 1 cup
- Fresh or frozen peaches, sliced: 1 cup
- Orange juice: ¼ cup
- Powdered wheat germ: ¼ cup
- Mix together strawberries, banana, peaches, wheat germ, orange juice, yogurt, and ice cubes in a blender.
- Blend it well for about 2 minutes until it becomes smooth.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with wheat germ.
- Serve immediately. You can also store it for about 24 hours in the refrigerator.
With these fantastic summer dessert ideas, treat your kids with mouth-watering desserts and make their summer vacation truly memorable. Happy cooking!