In today's busy schedule, it happens quite often that we don't have enough time to plan for a lengthy dinner. In such a situation, what could be a better idea other than preparing easy and fast-to-cook dishes that require minimum ingredients.
One of the most versatile dinner ingredient is chicken. In comparison to other non-vegetarian dishes, chicken does not require much cooking time. If you are running out of time and looking for a quick dinner recipe, you can try these tasty chicken recipes.
- Vegetable oil, 2 tbsp.
- Ground cumin, ½ tsp.
- Fresh hot chili pepper, 2 tsp.
- Hot pepper flakes, 1 tsp.
- Bell peppers, sliced, 3
- Chicken breasts, cut into cubes, 4
- Garlic cloves, minced, 2
- Onions, chopped, 2
- Fresh parsley, chopped, 2 tbsp.
- Lemon juice, 3 tbsp.
- Dried oregano, ½ tsp.
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- In a large non-stick frying pan, heat oil and add garlic.
- Stir and add onion, bell strips, cumin, oregano, pepper flakes and chili pepper.
- Stir well, cover and cook for about 8-10 minutes over a medium heat.
- After the peppers turn tender, add the chicken cubes and lemon juice.
- Cover and stir occasionally, cook for about 10-15 minutes until the chicken becomes soft.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve with bread or plain rice.
Hot and Spicy Chicken wings
- Onion powder, 1 tbsp.
- Hot sauce, 2 tbsp.
- Jalapeño peppers, chopped, 2 tbsp.
- Chicken wings, 1 lb.
- Tomato sauce, 1 can
- Hot pepper flakes, 2 tbsp.
- Garlic powder, 1 tbsp.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine together the jalapeño peppers, tomato sauce, hot sauce, red pepper flakes, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Take a baking sheet and spray a no-stick baking spray lightly.
- Place the chicken wings and cover with the sauce mixture.
- Bake at 375 °F for about 25 minutes. Serve with celery and cheese toppings.
Chicken and Rice Recipe
- Water, 1½ cups
- Sour cream, ½ cup
- Olive oil, 2 tbsp.
- Long-grain rice, 6 oz.
- Medium-sized onion, chopped, 1
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, 4
- Fresh mushroom, sliced, 8 oz.
- Broccoli, chopped, ½ cup
- Butter, 1 tbsp.
- Parmesan cheese, grated, ½ cup
- Salt and Pepper as per taste
- In a non-stick skillet, heat olive oil and butter, add onions and saute for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and fry for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To this, add sliced mushroom and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the cooked chicken and mushroom.
- Add rice, broccoli, salt, pepper and water in the skillet.
- Following this, add the cooked mushroom and chicken on top of the rice and broccoli.
- Cook over a medium heat until the mixture boils.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook for about 10-12 minutes.
- Stir well in order to mix rice, broccoli and chicken.
- Add sour cream on the top of the mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese and let it stand for about 3-4 minutes.
- When the cheese melts completely, stir again and serve hot.