Nothing beats the aroma of freshly baked cookies! There are endless varieties of cookies like chocolate-chip cookies, drop cookies, car cookies, pressed cookies, and so on. Whether coated with a sprinkle of colored sugar or frosted with icing, they are bound to be yummy. Moreover, you can make your own versions according to your liking.
- Quaker oats (quick or old-fashioned, uncooked), 3 cups
- Margarine or butter, softened, ½ pound
- Granulated sugar, ½ cup
- All-purpose flour, 1½ cups
- Firmly packed brown sugar, 1 cup
- Vanilla, 1 tsp.
- Ground cinnamon, 1 tsp.
- Raisins, 1 cup
- Eggs, 2
- Baking soda, 1 tsp.
- Salt (optional), ½ tsp.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Take a large bowl and beat together margarine and sugar until it turns creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla to it and beat well.
- Add combined flour, cinnamon, baking soda, oats, raisins, and salt, and mix well.
- On a non-greased cookie sheet, drop the dough with the help of a rounded tablespoon.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes till they turn light golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool down completely and then store in an airtight container.
- Using the same mixture, you can also make bar cookies by pressing the dough onto the bottom of a non-greased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes till it turns light brown.
- Let it cool down in the pan, cut into bars, and then store in airtight containers.
- All-purpose flour, 1 cup
- Unsalted butter, room temperature, 10 tbsp.
- Baking soda, ½ tsp.
- Sugar, ½ cup
- Cinnamon powder, ½ tsp.
- Golden brown sugar, ½ cup
- Salt, ¼ tsp.
- Vanilla extract, 1 tsp.
- Large egg, 1
- Old-fashioned oats, 1 cup
- Coarsely chopped fresh or frozen cranberries, ½ cup
- White chocolate chips, ½ cup
- Semisweet chocolate chips, ½ cup
- Milk chocolate chips, ½ cup
- Milk chocolate or white chocolate, chopped (for drizzling), 2 oz.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and position the rack in the center of it.
- With the help of parchment paper, line the two rimmed baking sheets.
- In a bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, with the help of an electric mixer, mix butter and both the sugars. Blend in egg and vanilla, and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture, oats, all chocolate chips, and cranberries, and mix well.
- On the prepared sheets, drop this batter by using a rounded tablespoon.
- Bake the cookies for 15-16 minutes or until the edges turn light brown. Allow them to cool down.
- Melt the chopped milk chocolate and drizzle over the cookies in a zigzag pattern.
- Let it stand for one hour until the milk chocolate sets and then store in air-tight container.
If you still haven't yet tried making them, then now is the time to do so. So, go ahead and experiment, and you never know, you might just come up with your own specialized cookies.