Pulled or shredded pork is one of the most scrumptious dishes that can be made for a party or a picnic. Among all pork recipes, pulled pork is most versatile one, as it can be used to make sandwiches, tacos, burritos, salad or can also be eaten as it is, as a meal. Take a look at the following recipes.
Making Pulled Pork
... in Oven
Making Pulled Pork
... in Oven
- 4 lb of boneless pork shoulder or tenderloin
- ¼ of cup All-Purpose Dry Rub
- Preheat the oven to 225 ºF
- Rub the All-Purpose Dry Rub all over the pork
- Now, place the spiced pork in roasting pain and cook in the oven for 3 - 3½ hours.
- Remove it from the oven, wrap in a foil, and place it back in the oven. You should again cook the pork for 1 hour.
- If the pork is cooked, it will be tender and easy to shred. If not, cook for further ½ hour.
- When tender, remove the pork from the foil. Now, using two forks or bear paw meat handlers, shred or pull the pork apart.
- You can add barbecue sauce, ketchup to the pork and serve it as a sandwich, as a taco or with salad.
- 4 pounds of boneless pork shoulder blade roast or pork butt
- 1 medium chopped onion
- ¼ cup of tomato paste
- ½ cup of ketchup
- ⅓ cup of cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup of packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of yellow mustard
- 1½ teaspoons of salt
- 2 tablespoons of sweet paprika
- 1¼ teaspoons of ground black pepper
- Clean the pork and cut it into 4 pieces.
- In a slow cooker pot, add onion, tomato paste, ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, paprika, mustard, pepper, and salt and mix it together.
- Now, add the pork to this sauce mixture in the cooker pot until the pork blends well.
- Cover the cooker with lid and cook the entire mixture on low setting for 8 to 10 hours. By this time, the pork should be tender.
- Once the pork is tender, remove it from the cooker and transfer to another bowl.
- Change the setting of the cooker to high and boil the sauce until it thickens.
- With two forks or with bear paw meat handlers, pull the pork into shreds.
- Now, put this shredded pork back into the cooker, mix with the thick sauce and heat for a couple of minutes.
- Your pulled pork filling is ready! You can serve it in between hamburger buns, sandwich bread, ciabatta bread, etc.
- 4 lbs of pork roast
- 18 ounce of barbecue sauce
- 1 cup of ginger ale
- 2 large sliced onions
- Place 1 sliced onion in the crock pot and add the pork roast in it.
- Now, add another sliced onion, ginger ale, mix it and cover the pot with a lid.
- Cook the pork on low settings for 11-12 hours.
- Remove the pork after prescribed time. It is fully cooked if it is tender and easy to shred. If not, cook it further for some more time.
- Now, shred or pull the pork apart with the help of forks or bear paw meat handlers.
- Put the pulled pork, onions, and barbecue sauce in the pot again and cook for 5-6 hours on a low setting.
- This can be served with sandwiches, bread or as a salad.