Cakes are a weakness for people who have a sweet tooth. Be it a birthday, wedding, or an anniversary, people love to have cakes and pastries as their dessert. Baking a cake is an art, at which some people are experts. It is a long procedure and needs a lot of time and patience, as one wrong measure can ruin the cake. However, now you can make use of the ready-made cake mix packets (flour, sugar, baking powder, and flavoring), that are available in grocery stores. Cake mixes were introduced in 1947-48, by General Mills and Pillsbury, and since then, many companies have come out with their own cake-mixes. Combining pudding with the cake mix has also become common.
Lemon Pudding Fruit and Nut Cake
Lemon Pudding Fruit and Nut Cake
- 3¾ ounces, lemon pudding mix, instant
- ¼ cup, apricot brandy
- 1 package spice cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup, apricot nectar
- 8 ounces, sifted powdered sugar
- ½ cup, vegetable oil
- 4 ounces, candied pineapple
- 2-3 tablespoons, apricot brandy
- 4 ounces, candied cherries
- 8 ounces, walnuts
- 8 ounces, dates
- Preheat the oven at 350 °F. Chop the pineapple, cherries, walnuts, and dates and keep them ready.
- In a small bowl, break the eggs one by one, stir well and set aside.
- Take the cake mix in a large mixing bowl, and add ¼ cup apricot brandy, pudding mixture, apricot nectar, and vegetable oil. Pour the eggs into the mixing bowl for at least 2 minutes, till it becomes smooth. Sprinkle chopped nuts and stir again.
- Grease a 10-inch baking pan, and spread the batter in it evenly. Keep it in the oven and let it bake for 55 minutes. Before taking it out, check whether the cake is completely baked.
- Let it cool for 10-15 minutes. In a small bowl, take 1 cup sugar and add apricot brandy to it. Mix well and pour over the cake. Your fruit and nut cake is ready to be eaten.
- 8 ounces, chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 packet, chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups, milk
- 1 packet, chocolate pudding mix, instant
- 4 ounces, nuts (chopped)
- Cook pudding with 2 cups of milk, as instructed in the packet cover and keep aside for cooling.
- In a large mixing bowl, empty the contents of the cake mix and combine it with the eggs. Beat it to make a soft and fluffy batter. Pour in the pudding and stir till it blends completely.
- Grease a 9x13'' sized baking pan and spread the cake batter into it. Drop in chocolate chips and nuts and bake in a preheated oven at 350 °F, for not more than 30-35 minutes.
- ¾ cup, mashed banana
- 1 package, banana flavored pudding, instant
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup, water
- 1 packet, yellow cake mix
- 1 dash, vanilla extract
- ¼ cup, vegetable oil
- 16 ounces, confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons, milk
- 4 ounces, chopped walnuts
- white icing
- Take a large bowl, and mix the pudding and cake mix. Make a hole in the middle of the batter and put in eggs, water, mashed bananas, and oil. Stir till all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Transfer the batter into a 10-inch greased baking pan and bake it in a preheated oven for 50-55 minutes at 350 °F.
- Take it out of the oven and keep aside for cooling.
- In a small bowl, take sugar and mix it with milk. Pour over the cake and top it with white icing. Decorate it with chopped nuts and your banana pudding yellow cake is ready.